WT Annual Meeting is tomorrow, 3 October, 2009.

by Open mind 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Anyone going?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I was just thinking about that. There were some rumors about new GB members but there have been very few leaks (that I've seen at least) on any changes. Leads me to believe that nothing major will come out.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Hope the old fogies can all stay awake for the whole thing.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm hoping somebody else will come through with the goods on this one. I'm cutting as many ties as I can.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes; anticipation had it in my dreams last night. I was seated next to Ted Jaracz and a bearded old man gave him the "besom of annihilation." As I explained to all its meaning it turned into a guitar.

I've got to stop going to sleep ...

CC

• JWoods
    JWoods

Be sure to have your proxies in early even if you plan to attend. You are not allowed to actually vote or comment.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I remember how JW's in my hall would BRAG about their 'connections' to Bethel and being invited to attend the Annual Meeting! Um...what WAS the big deal? I never got the point.

• Open mind
    Open mind

JWoods:

You are not allowed to actually vote or comment.

Sounds about right.

babygirl30:

It's all a matter of prestige and limited admission. If the WT allowed 20 hand-picked rank and file non-Bethelites to have "Lunch with the GB" once a year, I bet JWs would pay $500 a head for the privilege.

om

• sir82
    sir82
    If the WT allowed 20 hand-picked rank and file non-Bethelites to have "Lunch with the GB" once a year, I bet JWs would pay $500 a head for the privilege.

Oh, you could tack at least one "zero" to the end of that figure and still win.

Look at how many pay $5000 or more per person for the thrill and excitement of traveling to a foreign country, only to be forced to attend a district convention for 4 days, wear meeting clothes every day of the trip, and visit tiny Bethel offices (instead of seeing "worldly" cultural sites).

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

Look at how many pay $5000 or more per person for the thrill and excitement of traveling to a foreign country, only to be forced to attend a district convention for 4 days, wear meeting clothes every day of the trip, and visit tiny Bethel offices (instead of seeing "worldly" cultural sites).

I know friends that saved for a year, went into DEBT, begged and pleaded for money - JUST so they could go to Mexico to the International Convention for a 5day trip! Of course back when i was still in the org, That was so inspiring to me...I mean, to travel and be around JW's everyday all day. NOW....being out....it just sounds ridiculous. That's $3000 that they could've saved for bills, a vacation, um - maybe savings JUST IN CASE they lost their jobs (which some of them did).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit