Question for Evangelicals: Are JWs Going to Hell?

by leavingwt 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

For current Christian Evangelicals. . .

According to your denomination's teachings, will the JWs go to Hell when they die?

Yes or No, with as much explanation as you'd like.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Can you imagine the look on their face if they actually did go to hell?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I suspect it will be a lot like being at the kingdom hall, minus the association before and after. Just an eternity of "encouragement" from the platform.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Did anyone see the South Park episode where the guy went to hell and said "but I was a devout Jehovah's Witness!"

Well, yes and no.

I don't believe that belonging or not belonging to a religious group will save you from hell or send you to hell. John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." The bottom line is, it's your faith in Jesus that saves you, not where you attend, don't attend, or how 'good' you are.

I believe that if someone is truly seeking God they will find him no matter where they live or what religious group they're in . Deut. 4: 29 says "But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. " Salvation is between each individual and God. Every person will stand ALONE before God on judgement day. Your denomination can not be used as your defense. Religion is simply mans way of doing God; your religious choice won't save you. That's why it's important to "be a Berean" and examine what you are taught and not rely on a religious leader who may turn out to be a false teacher.

• blondie
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Not at all. They won't get heaven either. They will get exactly what they wanted. (see blondie's post)

You reap what you sow.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Saoirse -- Thank you for your response. Some of my evangelical coworkers feel similarly. They don't necessarily think that membership with any particular group will condemn someone to Hell. Others, however, are a little more exclusionary in their beliefs.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

if we die then yup...we all going..Hell is the common grave.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

umm, not all. The souls of those who are in Christ await in heaven, those not go to hell. Hell is hot, burns, torments.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    if we die then yup...we all going..Hell is the common grave.

To be clear, I'm speaking in the context of an immortal soul being a given.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit