What was your favorite Christmas gift?

by Billygoat 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm hoping nobody already did a thread on this. If so, please let me know. But who of you were good boys and girls this year? What was the best thing that Santa brought you? I'll start...

My favorite gifts were the sushi dish set Neil got me and the George Foreman grill that his parents got me.

Andi

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Billygoat,I had a good Christmas,I got lots of really cool stuff.My kitchen was re-done,nice antique ships lamps,beautiful art work,my family and friends are really good to me...OUTLAW

• dubla
    dubla

the sushi set sound awesome andi. i got a new leather jacket, an engraved silver flask, and some new gym wear to name a few of my favorites. xmas was a blast this year, my first full-fledged xmas with a tree and decorations, etc.

aa

• JeffT
    JeffT

For the second year running my wife and my oldest son got me the same book.

Last year it was "Band of Brothers" by Stephen Ambrose, this year it was "Roosevelts Secret War." Since they know what I like they decided next year to talk to each other.

Slight change of subject, what was the best gift you gave? My wife is getting weekend getaways in mid January and mid February.

• Valis
    Valis

I got a telescope, chess set, dominoes, leather hat, fishing gear...all favorites,...just thinking back to when i would go back to school and make stuff up that I had recieved for xmas...ah the bad old days...

• Valis
    Valis

forgot..and new whip....

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

The best gift I gave? Hmmm. Well, I'm a crafty little person. (I like making things, not the bad crafty! ) I made wine charms this year and they were a huge hit. They are little wire wrings with beads and a charm on it, that you wrap around the stem of your wine glass. When you have company everyone gets a different charm and it helps them differentiate whose wine glass is whose. I gave a set to Neil's parents and both of his sisters. They loved them! I also found a couple pairs of Adidas sandals online for Neil, that they don't make anymore. He was pretty stoked about that.

Andi

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

I got a new cane, a Christmas village with waterfall, four new Santas for the collection, a bitchin fantasy calendar, and my absolute fave: a propeller beanie that says 'I don't wanna grow up' on the front.

Christmas rocked this year! We had next to no money but oooooh the love was flowin like sweet sweet wine!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

note to self: return Andi's Muhammad Ali "Sushi-Que" combination sushi-dish and outdoor-grill set.

• dubla
    dubla
    Slight change of subject, what was the best gift you gave?

i gave my girlfriend a new cell phone, complete with plenty of monthly minutes, voicemail, caller i.d., and call waiting....she was pretty excited about that one. also the racecar set i picked out for my nephew was pretty fun to give.

I made wine charms this year and they were a huge hit.
    id never seen these wine charms before this year, and now they seem to be popping up everywhere.......most recently at my sisters house for xmas dinner, she had just bought a whole set of 'em, fruits and vegetables, pretty cool (i was the asparagus). i must say, though they feel a little "uppity", they came in quite handy.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit