Teaching Position at a Catholic School

by wifekeepsmeinit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I am a teacher, and I have taught in catholic schools (as a Jw - it didn't go against my conscience), and the only emphasis and stipulation on doing so was that I supported the Catholic ethos. What is that? To behave like a Christian, allow the class to have their morning prayer, and take them to their religious lesson during the school week. Religion in the class context was not taught. The usual engish, maths, science topics were. The class went off to another teacher, the religious teacher, for their religious instruction.

Is this an elementary or highschool position? I taught elementary level, and as said above, no religious instruction in class. The children went to a separate teacher for that, much like they would do for music and PE lessons. What I'm getting at is that all they're really looking for is that you support their way of learning, teaching styles and the Christian emphasis.

Good luck :)

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

thanks very much for all your help.

i really liked Midget Sasquatchs ideas, (Nurturing the Soul and Developing the Mind)

I was asked by the Staffing Officer to write this letter as I have a very good chance on getting the job as there is not too many Certified French Teachers in the area. I dont need the Priests letter, although she said that I would have to get one within 3 years of employment.

thanks everyone for your ideas, ill be using a lot of them in the other questions i have to answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit