Is the Watchtower "Question and answer" study a form of brainwashing?

by Witness 007 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Its only "Repetition for Emphasis", nothing sinister about that,....... or is there ?

Look at the methods used by North Korea and tell me of any minute, tiny, differences, if you can spot any.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The situation with North Korea is a good analogy.

The one who controls the information and purposely suppresses any contravening information

retains the power and control, present a suggested element of fear into mix and you

have yourself a dictatorial cult where one or a few men have complete control over people's lives.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My JW aunt told my mom of the adventures at her KH. We were long out. I think they kept mentioning Society stuff b/c they had nothing else to talk about. Some stranger to the KH attended without a Witness guide. During the WT study, the stranger asked a question. A normal question. He did not realize the format. She said it was horrible. I started to giggle in the car. My aunt was so furious!

It must happen at other KHs. I wish it happened some time I was present. The coolest thing that happened in my congregation was when the MS shot his wife's lover dead. Bang. Bang. Brother is in a prison cell.

How can a Witness recover from such a blow. A question.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. - Awake!, June 22, 2000, pp. 9-11 – [Emphasis added]

So what is it? What DO YOU think?

1. Do the WT Publications show people how to think, or what to think? (The answer is NOT in the paragraph. You'll have to think for yourself).
    2. Does the WT Leadersip encourage or discourage open discussion and debate about ideas and doctrine?
    3. Do the WT Publications ever accept input from their members or do they only " relentlessly force you to hear their view"?

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, what is it?

Quack!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit