What Are the GREATEST SINS One Can Commit in the WT World?

by Cold Steel 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Wait, I think I'm beginning to see!

God reestablishes His church as a tract publishing company and doesn't tell anyone, even the leaders.

Then he comes and burns everyone but them!

But then...wouldn't that be...evil?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If a person commits murder (especially with a worldly person), nothing is lost to the religion as long as the incident can be hidden. They can thus control the damage, unless the crime ends up hitting the mainstream newspapers (that's when you are likely to end up disfellowshipped). Even killing and eating babies seems to be a relatively minor offense, since it cannot do much damage to those who are inbound (so long as the incidents can be hidden). This is why pedophiles get away with it--if the incidents look isolated, they do little damage to the religion.

Apostasy, on the other hand, threatens to expose the whole organization as a scam. One apostate can go in and pull 80% of the congregation out by blabbing about where 1914 falls flat on its face, and they can cause new studies to discontinue their studying. Unchecked, this can destroy the whole religion--the workers will be able to freely discuss major problems, and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger will have to fix them or lose members. The whole structure of the religion is threatened by just a few apostates, which is why they view it as worse than killing and eating babies or protecting pedophiles. And it is impossible to sequester apostates, since they expose the religion on purpose to the whole world.

• boyzone
    boyzone

WTWizard -Excellent post! Spot on.

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Cold Steel

I'd simply have to say, having the timerity and audacity to actually just think for yourself and challenge what's said (or not said), regardless of the inevitable action the mind-controlled leaders will take to try and shut you up, or failing that, take action to throw you out of their narrow-minded religion.

lifelong humanist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit