What do you think about Revelation?

by wantstoleave 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

Ultimate Reality - I'm much more interested in this view lately too, the pre-ad 70 date. I realized from studying the Reformation and church history, that the popular views of today that get the most publicity were not held by most CHristians over the span of church history. -- I"ll look into those books you mentioned. A book that is written on a more popular level i think, is Last Days Madness, by Gary DeMar. (I would think exJWs would like the title, LOL) -- Another resource for those who are really into it, is Concordia Theological Seminary (Lutheran), has a series on Revelation on ITunes U. The prof is somewhat hard to get used to listening to, but he's quite good. (i've got a link somewhere on a verse by verse commentary on Matthew 24 from the pre-ad 70 point of view that's really interesting too. I'll try to find it later.)

Cheers, auntbee, tucson

• DJK
    DJK

I think, if you "read" it, you would agree that it doesn't belong with the other 65 books of the bible. And it wasn't written by the apostle John as modern day theologist are now beginning to believe.

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

Auntbee: I agree, from this viewpoint we should also look at Matt 24 from a 1st century fulfillment only -- not a double-sense prophecy concept where Jesus would be speaking in riddles.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I believe Revelation has already been fullfilled and the only thing that applies to those living now is ECCLESIASTES 1:4. "One generation passes away and another comes, but the Earth abideth forever."

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Leo, great stuff. I would love a sneak peak at your library! Would you post a pic, pretty please?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Cadellin....This is a bit outdated, but here goes: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/Leolaia

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Oops, sorry about the hi-jack--it's all interesting!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Co-ol, but I mean like shelves and stuff...humor my inner Luddite.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

OOO...this is a gold mine! Thanks, Leo. I will bookmark this for the future. I just started grad school so my reading list is a little chunky at the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit