JW since you were small....did your parents expect too much?

by wantstoleave 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

44 years old and still have this issue with my parents. Wtf was I thinking moving back and too close to the parental units! In Indiana I didn't have to worry about the folks popping over without calling first. They didn't call as much cuz it was a long distance call.

They tell me that I don't communicate but that's just doublespeak for "you should be telling us all your business so we can tell you what you're doing wrong and we can hound you about it ad nauseum until you have a nervous breakdown oh and you don't call us enough neither do you call back immediately after we call and miss you...what are you doing over there?"

I love California but I wish like hell I was back in Indiana.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    I love California but I wish like hell I was back in Indiana.

You must be catching some serious hell. I have never read that sentence before....

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Blondie -- My father was not a jw and was more demanding and expecting perfection than any jw I have ever met. I thought my name was Stupid until I was about 5.

------- (((( Blondie )))

I thought my name was damn-it until I started school.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"You must be catching some serious hell. I have never read that sentence before.... "

It's not pretty Jeff. The best I can do right now is try and keep the kids away from the fray but they are being affected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit