What an we say?

by acolytes 18 Replies latest jw friends

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Sorry but i have to disagree. I'm not at risk of any harm here, wheras IF i went onto another site, there really are some apostate sites out there, then YES id be at risk. The Gb want to protect us, out of love they dont want us being filled with negative things, BUT on here it's gentle, its kind, and even when some get a little hotheaded, its nothing evil or damaging spiritually. I listen to all what people have to say, and sometimes i hear things that strengthen my faith....

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

angel eyes, that's my point. It's ok that JWs do believe in living on paradise earth. That's great for real but wouldn't you want some kind of assurance that you will definitely live in the paradise instead of doing things knowing that there is no guarantee for you to live in the paradise. That's the dealbreaker for me.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I do too AE. the earth was made to be inhabited. Rev 21 shows New Jerusalem coming down to earth...heaven and earth being one. Sin will be gone and we will again be in the presence of God- which is Heaven.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, you are at risk, according to the wt, by not heeding their words to not come to these sites.

• KDubbz
    KDubbz

According to dictionary.com, the definition of apostate is:

1. a person who foresakes his religion, cause, party, etc.

2. of or characterized by apostasy.

Don't you think we fit the definition of "apostates"?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I believe in some way there is a guarantee, an elder said to me a few months ago " do you think you'll be in the paradise"..i said "no"...he asked why and i explained that ive never thought of myself being there, but if i were it would be a blessing, but i just look at the here and now..I serve Jah because i love him not for what I may have in the furture. We discussed and the end was that as long as we live according to the bible, even if we do wrong we repent, then there isnt any reason to why we wouldnt be there. If we are trying then Jah sees that .

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

so your works carries you there AE?

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

AE reminds me of a scene in history.

Captain Edward John Smith RNR, leaning over the communication board responds, "Aye lookout I will take it under advisement."

The captain turns to the officer of the deck, nods to himself and says, "Full steam ahead, we have a schedule to keep."

..... (fade out as a ship gathers more speed in cold dark night, on the dark deep water of an ocean).

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    The Gb want to protect us, out of love they dont want us being filled with negative things

I have read enough of this type of quote from you that I'm very angry. Angel Eyes, answer this for me. Why did the governing body fail to protect me from an abusive jw husband? Why did they allow him to beat, kick and choke me for almost seven years? Why was it that "worldly" people had to come to my defense and save me from a dangerously mentally ill man? The elders knew what he was doing. He confessed several times but would cry, repent and continue to threaten and terrorize me. Tell me, why did the gb allow me to lose my family, friends, home and most material possessions simply because I couldn't stand being married to this man? Why did the gb instruct the elders to tell me that I would be df'd for refusing to stalk this lunatic long enough to prove adultery on his part? Why are there thousands of women who have reported the same thing?

And while you're at it, why not explain to me why the gb covered up for pedophiles for at least 40 years, allowing them to victimize children in new congregations? Why did the darling of the gb, Ted Jaracz, send CO's out to threaten the victims of child molestation with df'ing if they dared come forward about the crimes that were perpratrated on them?

Take some time and catch your breath and then explain to me why it was that until 1974 jws didn't have "scriptural" grounds for divorce if their spouses had a homosexual affair or performed sex acts with animals?

Explain to me why the gb allowed jws in Malawi to be raped and slaughtered by ordering them not to buy a 25 cent political party card, but yet jws in Mexico were permitted to bribe military officials to keep jw youth from mandatory service?

I could go on all day about the attrocities committed by the gb regarding circumstances surrounding the blood and neutraility issues, but I'll stop here. What are the answers to the questions I've listed above?

Please, do tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit