What/Who are the Saints?

by PSacramento 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

Matthew 22:34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question:

36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." NIV

Sylvia

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What/Who are the Saints?

In the ordinary sense, it is those that compose the body of Christ. In the extraordinary "capital S" one, it is those that have shown in their lives what God is like to a great degree.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

One is sanctified by God. It is the process of Gods Spirit transforming one into the image of Christ.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ok, here comes a possible curve ball, was Ghandi a Saint ?

• snowbird
    snowbird
    was Ghandi a Saint ?

We will know when the first resurrection occurs.

Sylvia

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Did Ghandi have faith in Christ?

• undercover
    undercover

I'm disappointed...

I thought this was gonna be another NFL football thread...

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

1Co 1:2 To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

• snowbird
    snowbird

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    Mohandas Gandhi

Did Ghandi have faith in Christ?

It is up to the Master to decide.

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sylvia,

Taking the easy (smart) way out I see ! ;)

DD,

I recall, don't hold me to it, that Ghandi did believe that Jesus was the Son of God, not sure in what context though. Ghandi viewed all as God's children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit