Oriental guy comes to door last night and wants to talk to my oriental lady -

by JWoods 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Is that the modus operandi now? To covertly witness? How can you make Jehovah's sovreign name known when you're afraid to identify yourself as one of his witnesses?

Yep, I think it is. I've had that experience with the last three or four JWs that have come to the door. They won't identify themselves on the first call unless you force them to do so. I think they're trying to adapt to their reputation as religious nuts by hooking people first, then identifying themselves. Also, it might have to do with the move to make JWs going door-to-door "independent" in the eyes of the law, rather than "reprensenting" either the WTBS or the local congregation. It's a sort of insulation against lawsuits/liability. Any legal minds care to elaborate?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s avoid identifying themselves in Canada too..

You Literally have to trap them..

Into telling the truth,about who they are..

In the Future..

You won`t know your a Jehovah`s Witness..

Until after your Baptized..

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

As they recently have been instructed to not mention that they are JWS representing the WTS. when calling door to door.

Trying to hide their identity or connection with the WTS. Corporation may very well have something to do with some legal precedence.

Slime ball lawyers

• JWoods
    JWoods

As they recently have been instructed to not mention that they are JWS representing the WTS. when calling door to door.

Really? I figured that it was just a personal decision to avoid the words on the guy's part himself.

Well, maybe that in itself will give him something to think about.

• blondie
    blondie

I was told by several COs not to say I was a jw upfront because people would just shut the door but to first "engage their interest." But then I would hear that we were giving a witness just by people seeing us going from door to door. So in one case they somehow would not know and then on the other case they would............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The examples of presentations in the KM don't have the jw saying they are a jw in the introduction.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

This not mentioning that your representing the WTS. has its questionableness because it then sounds

like you've been sent there for and by the WTS. which might provoke some legal problems down the road.

The problem may have arisen when people ask for donations $$, even more so when we used to ask for a set price for the magazines and books like we use to.

How sucked in we used to be gather up money for god .......or I mean the WTS. real estate/ publishling company.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit