Daily text - Isa. 25:8

by YoYoMama 11 Replies latest jw friends

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Isa. 25:8 "[God] will actually swallow up death forever, ... for Jehovah himself has spoken it."

commentary:

Jesus censured the Sadducees, who did not believe in the resurrection, and told them: "You know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God." (Matt. 22:29) The Scriptures assure us that 'all those in the memorial tombs will hear the voice of the Son of man and come out.' (John 5:27-29) If we know what the Bible says about the resurrection, our confidence in the power of God will convince us that the dead will be raised up. In the near future, there will come a time when every one of us will need to trust in God's saving power in a special way. Satan the Devil will launch an attack on God's people (Ezek. 38:21-23) Now is the time to build our faith and confidence in God the Almighty so that we will not waver at that crucial time. w 3/1/00 16,17

• dedalus
    dedalus

Thanks for the rancid spiritual food at the improper time!

In the near future, there will come a time when every one of us will need to trust in God's saving power in a special way.
    And they say they're not prophets.

Dedalus

• oscartheduck
    oscartheduck

So you're saying that only God has the power to resurrect, but that Jesus (who is not God and therefore does not have the power) will do the actual resurrection?

Seems like a crossing over of the roles of God and Jesus, really...

============================
    The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126 "As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible "

• seven006
    seven006

YoYo,

I can see the logic in your posting here to count time. I suppose preaching to apostates is equal or better than lying on your time slip, but I think your reasons are more deeply rooted by your gender and your place that you are allowed in the congregation. You are obviously an intelligent person and you have a great zeal for your religion. I'm just wondering if the JW rule about women not being able to use their intelligence and love for god to be able to minister to their own congregation is another reason you post here.

Does it upset you that you are thought of as not worthy to stand at the speaker stand and preach to your congregation like you preach here? I'm sure you could be a great teacher and leader in your congregation if it wasn't for the fact that women are not looked at as spiritual leaders. Does it upset you at all that if a brother with less biblical knowledge and less zeal for god than you have comes into a room where you are conducting a study and you have to put a napkin on you head to show subjection to a lesser spiritual and less intelligent person?

Your desire to teach and spread the JW teachings is obvious. Do you choose to do it here because you are banded from doing it in your religion simply because you are a woman? Does this board give you the attention not allowed in your religion? Is that another reason you choose to disobey the male leaders of your religion and cast pearls before swine like us? Or is it simply to justify your time slip. I don't think the time slip is the issue here, it's your zeal for god. It is actually pretty smart posting your sermons here. The brothers will never find out so they can't chastise you for it. Of course I see you as an honest person so I'm sure if the subject came up about your many hours turned in you would not lie about obtaining those hours preaching on an apostate discussion board. Would you? It's kind of like a JW winning the state lottery, you are excited and you want to tell everyone but you can't. JW's are not allowed to play the lottery. It's kind of a predicament isn't it. You win a million bucks but you do it by means of disobedience to the men of the governing body. Do you give the money back or do you keep it and hide the truth of how you got it?

As I recall the scripture about honestly filling out your time slip reads like this:
    .........................Hold on a sec, it will come to me,........................wow, I guess Iv been out too long. I have forgotten the scripture that requires proof of devotion via filling out your time slip. I know how important it is. I know how writing a high number of hours on your time slip is viewed by god as proof of devotion, I just can't recall that scripture. Can you help me out here?

I have always felt bad for the sisters who were obviously smarter and had more zeal then the majority of brothers in the congregation. My mom was one of those sisters. She was smarter and knew more about the JW teaching than any elder in our whole district. She was wiser than any elder in our congregation and had more compassion and love than all the elders combined. Many said she would make a great elder if only she wasn't a woman.

Do you feel that way at all? Is that part of the reason you blow off the instructions of the governing body of men who tell you not to post on sites like this? I hate to see an intelligent mind go to waste just because it sits in the body of a woman. Your not just posting here for hours are you? Please tell me you are not, I have too much respect for your intelligence for that.

Take care,

Dave

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""Your desire to teach and spread the JW teachings is obvious. Do you choose to do it here because you are banded from doing it in your religion simply because you are a woman? Does this board give you the attention not allowed in your religion? Is that another reason you choose to disobey the male leaders of your religion and cast pearls before swine like us? ""

You can replace "JW Teachings" with any poster's motives here. We all have motives..........Let her speak. Viewing two sides of a coin is always best. It reminds me why I am out!! However, your points are well taken.

• YoYoMama
    YoYoMama

Still, isn't the Word of God refreshing? Resurrection is the basis of our faith and it is a wonderful hope.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

YO: I agree with that!!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

This is a quote from the comments on the daily text.

Satan the Devil will launch an attack on God's people.

Why doesn't the Society just come out and say, "Satan the Devil will launch an attack against Jehvah's Witnesses."

YoYoMama,
    I really do enjoy your posting the daily text, but I respectfully disagree with the Watchtower teachings. It is far to radical to follow, and the teaching changes constantly. Much like a boat drifting along aimlessly.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

Jeremy's Hate Mail Hall Of Fame.
    http://hometown.aol.com/onjehovahside/ and [email protected]

Sometimes I type too fast for my own good.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I actually like seeing the Daily Text posted here. It's a daily reminder of my I left. Sometimes I forget how self-righteous the Society is. Thanks for the reminders YoYo.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Guys,yo-yo`s a dude...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit