Jury Duty

by beksbks 33 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I was one who never took jury duty serious, I would find any excuse in the book not to do it.

Not anymore!

My child was molested by a fellow JW and thankfully 12 people just like the rest of us agreed that the dirt-bag should be sent away for a very long time and for them I'm so grateful ... unlike John Doe, it should never be joked about like a flip of a coin because many victims leave their lives are in the hands of 12 individuals that take time out of their busy lives to give back, and that's exactly how I look upon jury duty now.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Heh, the judge is tough but cool. It's fun to watch him with people who are trying to get out of serving. Some people are so silly. There are two people that I would like to excuse myself, just so I don't have to deliberate with them. The only part that I'm really sorry about, is that it's murder, and I do not want to deal with any photos. Also, it's about 30 miles each way during rush hour. I'm taking BART, so it's costing me 9.00 a day, but I get paid 15.00!

• John Doe
    John Doe

If you get a flesh colored ipod, you can listen to an audio book to keep you awake.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Anyone else see the irony thats JWs state they cannot judge another person but its perfectly acceptable to have their own kangaroo court.

• vilot
    vilot

I was called to Federal Jury Duty 2 years ago I was on the first group to take the jury seats for questions from the judge and lawyers...The judge asked alot of questions then asked: "Does anyone for religions reasons feel they can not sit on a jury" I about fell out of my chair...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As far as I have seen, the witlesses are allowed to sit on jury duty. I have myself been in twice (once while a faithful witless and once while a "I don't give a f***" witless). The first time I dogged it; the second, I never got picked. Additionally, I know other witlesses that have said "I don't think I can give them a fair trial" when on jury duty. One I know got seated on the jury, and found the person guilty of a drug "crime".

Of course, that could all change if the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger realizes that people cannot be in jury duty and out in field circus at the same time. All it takes is some "new light" that jury duty is an act of worship, similar to saluting the flag or alternative military service (while it was not allowed), and people are going to be up s*** creek without a paddle if they get called into jury duty and cannot get out of it (especially if just showing up is the "act of worship").

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've been called twice - once for circuit and once for Federal.

I was cut from circuit because a lot of robberies were on docket, and I'd been robbed once before.

When Federal found out I was a JW, I was exempted.

Tee hee hee!

Sylvia

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I used to hate the thought. Now I would love to but can't.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I was chosen for jury duty once. I considered dodging, but later decided to go ahead with it. On the day of selection, there were so many people there that I thought ... well, fat chance of me being chosen. After all, they were only looking for nine people. Lo and behold! Would you believe my name was selected ninth?

Wasn't such a bad experience in the long run. Wouldn't mind being chosen again, but my job renders me automatically exempt now.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    MOC....

YKnot, what is the meaning?

Now I would love to but can't.

Why not, Deputy?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit