I have to bend over and take it and keep my mouth shut

by bluecanary 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I do NOT like to be mistreated. I didn't like it as a witness, but I put up with it for the sake of "Jehovah's reputation." I haven't put up with it since leaving. I am never disrespectful, but I will speak up for myself. In the past four months that has cost me both my job and my unemployment money.

Now I've just been hired. I haven't started working there yet. Already in three different ways, this company has handled things . . . unprofessionally. I want to bring this to their attention. It's ridiculous that they tell me I can be hired on Monday as long as I fill out the paperwork before then. Then they don't give me all of the paperwork and I have to wait another week. Crap like that.

But I don't dare say a word because there are NO JOBS out there. I'm stuck doing a crappy job that I didn't enjoy the last time I did it, in a field that I thought I had transitioned out of and I'm damned lucky to be hired at all. So they can get away with treating me in any way they want and there is nothing I can do about it.

I HATE this. An employment relationship should be even. They have the right to fire me if I don't live up to expectations; I have the right to quit if they don't meet mine. But when there are literally no other jobs available, it's like being put in a paid-slavery relationship. Yes, you pick up a paycheck but you can't choose your employer so you get to put up with whatever BS they want to put you through.

There's no point to this thread. I'm just here to gripe.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi BC,

Can I try and give you some advice? My guess is that as the truth dawned about "the truth", you were screaming on the inside but unable to speak your mind due to the effective WT muzzling of questioning or dissent. However, in your new found freedom of speech you do not need to verbalise every thing you find is wrong!

Also, try and have a positive attitude, "Thank God I have a job because there are no jobs out there". Negative thinking will lead you on a downward spiral. I have been there in life too often and I never like it. Positive thinking take you up in all respects :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I get it...

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

You're right Stephen. I'll try to put on my happy face.

Hopefully I'll be more successful.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Never mind me. I'm just checking out the view.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Doe, I knew this would cause you to come here...

bluecanary, a lot of times, hiring managers don't get all the info or forms from their HR dept. I know too many companies that have this problem. Ours did for a while, till we realized that our HR dept needed plural asses in the office chairs... but I digress....

Don't read too much into it yet... It happens more frequently then you think, as lousy as it is....

If you would like, I can ask a friend I know to create a voodoo doll for you?

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'll send down my cousin vinny to have a 'chat' w mngmnt. Nice cat outfit, btw.

S

• John Doe
    John Doe

You didn't get a video, did you?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

The view of my behind has been known to cause that.

Not really. I actually have no ass.

Here's a positive: the company shirt sizes run big so I'm wearing a medium. It's the first time in my life I can wear a medium.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Not really. I actually have no ass.

Wait, how do you....

....never mind....

Don't worry, like a kidney stone, this too will pass.

I would say it will all come out in the end, but we have already established that this would be difficult....

Sorry, I have to include this again, just because...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit