My Aunt Tells My Mom NOT To Read A Book About A JW In Concentration Camp Because...

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My aunt would think anything other than Society approved is bad, from the Devil.

• TD
    TD

Crucible of Terror and Facing the Lion were both written with the approval of the JW parent organization. The respective authors, Max (Who recently passed away) and Simone Liebster AFAIK used the money largely in support of the Arnold Liebster foundation. (Which also has JW approval)

http://www.alst.org/pages-us/index-us.html

• blondie
    blondie

Here's a recommended booklist from a CO.

http://www.theocraticlibrary.com/

• yknot
    yknot

..... everytime I think about those books I can hear Sister Liebster singing 'Forward, You Witnesses"......

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    the Witness evidently made money on his book and if it was an "approved" book, the Society would be providing it free of charge.

The WTS has no business providing anything to anyone, free or otherwise, unless they own the copyright.

My aunt would think anything other than Society approved is bad, from the Devil.

Normal people know that anything printed by that rabid cult is worthless trash that borders on hate propaganda.

W

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

wow thats really heart touching, I truly enjoyed that thanks Blondie :)

• minimus
    minimus

BLONDIE---That was unbelievable!!!

I can't believe HOW MANY JWs actually write books! Thanks!!!!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Normal people know that anything printed by that rabid cult is worthless trash that borders on hate propaganda.

Its not borderline at ALL. It IS hate propaganda. Show me ANYTHING in those rags that says ANYTHING even decent about ANY other nonJW people or nonJW organizations. Show me ONE. And we were all members of this hateful organization!

Just because they SMILE when they say "You are a miserable nasty sinning devil worshipping apostate evil slave class worldly person" doesnt make it ok.

If there is one thing this cult is..its CONTROLLING. COntrol information, control who is acceptable to live and who isnt, control kingdom hall deeds, control government officials, control their own members, control dissemination of negative information, control family relationships....control control control.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

He recommends books from Denton and Behe, discredited scientists. The scholarship the WT quotes is terrible.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Blondie, that reading list link was beyond mind-boggling. Including this recommendation (if you cringe at the title and description, click on Blondie's link to treat yourself to the COVER art.)

I Like The Meeting!
    Author: Ponytip PressYear Published: 2008Is the author a Witness: Yes
    Publisher: Ponytip PressPages: 32ISBN: 978-1-60530-959-0
    In this delightful and engaging story, readers join a little Witness girl, Penny, as she describes how she came to enjoy attending Christian meetings at the Kingdom Hall. Just right for the youngest listeners to early readers, children can relate to Penny's sense of whimsy and her satisfaction in doing the right thing. A portion of the sale of this book goes to the Kingdom Hall Building Fund.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit