Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-27-09 WT (BOLDNESS)

by blondie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Comments You Will Not Hear at the 09-30-09 WT Study (July 15, 2009, pages 19-23)(IMITATE JESUS-PREACH)

Review comments will be in red or headed by COMMENTS

WT material from today's WT will be in black
    Quotes from other sources will headed by QUOTES
    w = Watchtower
    g = Awake
    jv = Proclaimers book

Bible translations www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible
    WT publications www.strictlygenteel.co.uk
    WT child abuse www.silentlambs.org
    Blood issue www.ajwrb.org
    United Nations http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm

Also posted on

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com

www.jehovahs-witness.net

http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_092709_0001.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_092709_0002.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_092709_0003.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_092709_0004.jpg
    http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/Jamesx777/WT_092709_0005.jpg

SCANS

IMITATE JESUS--PREACH WITH BOLDNESS "We mustered up boldness...to speak to you the good news."--1 THESS. 2:2

OPENING COMMENTS

Sorry for the lateness.

Q1. Why is the good news of the Kingdom so appealing?

COMMENTS
    jws go from door to door promising a future end of suffering. Everlasting life is the CARROT that they use to get

people to join and it is what they use to get people to stay despite all the suffering members experience in the WTS

organization itself.

Why is a relationship with Jesus not held out? Because only anointed jws are considered to have such a relationship

with Jesus. Where do you find Jesus held out as the spiritual brother of the other sheep? Are they considered

children of God now or do they have to wait for the end of the 1,000 year reign?

*** w95 7/1 p. 11 par. 7 Christian Witnesses With Heavenly Citizenship ***
    Anointed Christians on earth point righthearted ones to this blessing by bearing witness to their spiritual brother Jesus

Christ and to their adoptive Father, Jehovah God.

*** w86 2/15 p. 12 par. 11 Unitedly Pursuing the Goal of Life ***
    The spirit-anointed sons of God, who are “the things in the heavens,” enjoy a very intimate relationship with Jesus and

with the Father.

*** w80 4/1 p. 21 par. 22 Creation’s Hope—Awaiting Its Realization ***
    The secondary members of the “seed” of God’s composite “woman” are the disciples of Jesus Christ, the ones who

receive a begettal by God’s spirit to become spiritual “sons of God” and joint heirs with their elder brother, Jesus

Christ, in heaven.

*** Thousand Year book chap. 14 p. 276 par. 44 Earthly Subjects of the Kingdom of God ***There will finally be

144,000 of these spiritual brothers who will share the heavenly glory with Jesus Christ, their oldest spiritual Brother.

*** w04 11/1 p. 13 par. 17 Happy Servants of Jehovah ***
    The peaceable “other sheep” serve Jehovah under the Fine Shepherd, Christ Jesus, who becomes their “Eternal

Father.” (John 10:14, 16; Isaiah 9:6) Those who successfully pass the final test after the Millennial Reign of Christ will

be adopted as Jehovah’s earthly sons and “have the glorious freedom of the children of God.”

*** w00 10/15 p. 19 pars. 14-15 What God’s Kingdom Will Do ***
    At the end of the thousand years, Jehovah will allow perfect humans to exercise their free choice as to whom they want

to serve. The Bible shows that “Satan will be let loose out of his prison.” He will again try to mislead humans, some of

whom will choose independence from God. To prevent ‘distress from rising up a second time,’ Jehovah will annihilate

Satan, his demons, and all who rebel against Jehovah’s sovereignty. No one could object that any humans who are

destroyed eternally at that time did not have a chance or that their wrong course was due to imperfection. No, they will

be like perfect Adam and Eve, who willingly chose to rebel against Jehovah’s righteous rule.—Revelation 20:7-10;

Nahum 1:9.

On the other hand, likely the vast majority of people will choose to uphold Jehovah’s sovereignty. With every rebel

annihilated, the righteous will stand before Jehovah, having passed the final test of loyalty. These loyal ones will then be

accepted by Jehovah as his sons and daughters. They therefore come back into the relationship that Adam and Eve

had with God before they rebelled. Hence, Romans 8:21 will be fulfilled: “The creation itself [humankind] also will be set

free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.” The prophet Isaiah

foretells: “[God] will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from

all faces.”—Isaiah 25:8.

Q2. Explain Jesus' statement: "I came to cause division."

COMMENTS
    Notice how the WTS predicts that "most people reject it." Believing that, many if not most jws do not try very hard to be

effective in their message. Plus their eternal life does not depend on their bringing anyone into the organization. The

only "good news" is from the WTS and its members. Even if an individual or group says and lives their best as

Christians, they are not in the WTS judgment, merely "professed" Christians. The WTS sets up people to expect

persecution. There have been several rude jws I have gone in the field ministry; and they could not understand why we

were ordered off the person's property. But of course, it was God they were rejecting, not their rude conversation.

Q3. In carrying our our assignment to preach, what do we need?

COMMENTS
    WE proclaim the same truths that Jesus did. Is there some proof provided here? Did Jesus teach that Christmas and

birthdays were wrong, did he teach Jews to shun other Jews.

So does disdain and apathy mean that they do not accept the WTS doctrine or the Bible?

Q4. Why did Paul need to 'muster up boldness' to preach?

COMMENTS
    "Perhaps YOU find it is HARD to share." This is the crux of this article. Even more so today, jws do not enjoy the

required preaching, and time requirements and reporting. Where is the love in that? Did the apostles turn in time slips

to elders in their congregation? STRUGGLE to preach?

servants of God - only jws

Q5. Why has boldness always been needed by those loyal to Jehovah?

COMMENTS
    Where's the loyalty to Jesus? The WTS teaches that the beginning of human history started with the creation of Eve

not to be confused with the end of the 6th creative day which ended with the creation of Eve. Based on WTS

chronology it has been 6,034 years (supposedly 6,000 years of human history ended in 1975).

OT examples for Christians again - Abel and Enoch

Judgment against the ungodly -- all nonjws including those who claim to be Christians

While the WTS dances around the disappearance of Enoch, they teach that God killed Enoch early in his life to protect

him from persecution. Does that mean that jws can expect God to end their lives early for the same reason?

Q6. Why did Moses need boldness in speaking to Pharaoh?

COMMENTS
    Again an OT example for Christians. Are there no Christian examples?

Notice how Moses came repeatedly--unbidden and unwelcome. Is the WTS using this an example of how jws do the

same today?

Q7,8. (a) What trials befell faithful ones of long ago? (b) What enabled those in pre-Christian times to show boldness in

upholding and promoting pure worship?

COMMENTS
    Three more OT examples, Abel, Abraham, Sarah (at least they mention a woman).

When jws would tell me that they were longing to see the end in their lifetime, I would remind them that Abraham and

Sarah had no expectation, yet they served God anyway.

(Hebrews 11:13) . . .In faith all these died, although they did not get the [fulfillment of the] promises, but they saw them

afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land.

QUOTES
    *** w01 8/15 p. 28 par. 12 Do Not Give Up in Doing What Is Fine ***
    Once again, consider Abraham’s example. He built his whole life on faith in God’s promises, even though there was no

chance that they would all be fulfilled within his lifetime.

COMMENTS
    Eventually reach perfection? I used to ask when that would be, 100 years, 200 years, 500 years, 1,000 years into the

reign of Christ? If it takes that long for the "other sheep" to reach perfection, why do the anointed reach perfection

immediately upon resurrection as a spirit (per the WTS)? They are all imperfect humans, why do the anointed instantly

become perfect?

Q9,10. In what ways did Jesus show boldness in front of (a) the religious leaders, (b) a band of soldiers, (c) the high

priest, (d) Pilate?

COMMENTS
    Are jws really hated by those having power? While the WTS was willing to compromise and not disobey the laws

regarding segregation in the US (South Africa, etc.), they were not willing to adjust their preaching times. Instead they

flooded areas with carloads of jws from other areas until the local jails were full. Try and imagine that. Weren't the

segregation laws unconstitutional?

QUOTES
    *** jv chap. 22 p. 456 Part 3—Witnesses to the Most Distant Part of the Earth ***
    In North America too, Jehovah’s Witnesses were confronted by severe obstacles during the war. Widespread mob

violence and unconstitutional application of local laws brought great pressure on the preaching work.

COMMENTS
    Have you ever seen the cartoons that appeared in the publications then? What would happen if the same tactics were

used today? (if anyone has some they can post, that would be great). So if the religious leaders in the WTS resemble

the Pharisees, then jw members should expose their false teachings and tell them they are condemned just like Jesus

did?

So did Jesus always identify himself as the Christ? What has the WTS said about that? Is this why so many elders

and COs say that jws should not identify themselves as such directly at the door. Notice how the sample presentations

in the Kingdom Ministry do not use "Jehovah" in the introduction and certainly not identify yourself as a jw.

(Mark 8:29-30) . . .” 29 And he put the question to them: “YOU, though, who do YOU say I am?” In answer Peter said to

him: “You are the Christ.” 30 At that he strictly charged them not to tell anyone about him.

Q11. How is boldness related to love?

COMMENTS
    Do jws look at the people they visit as having difficult lives or do they rather say "they are having their paradise now"?

Do jws love their neighbor in regard to physical needs or do they merely talk about it and expect others to care for

them?

Q12. What brought joy to the early disciples?

COMMENTS
    3,000 jews approximately baptized...is this the foundation for recording time spent talking about WT doctrines? How

long do you think these people "studied"? a month, 2 months?

Q13. Why did the brothers pray for boldness, and with what result?

COMMENTS
    Religious leaders ordered the disciples not to talk about Jesus...but no mention is made of "Jehovah"? Is that what jws

should be talking about, Jesus?

Q14. How does the holy spirit assist us in our preaching?

COMMENTS
    How does God give holy spirit to jws? How do they know they have it? To understand the Bible? How many jws can

explain their beliefs just using the Bible without the crutch of WT publications? How many can do it even with that

crutch? Are the jws the only ones "preaching"? See www.forum18.org

QUOTES
    *** w01 4/1 pp. 16-17 par. 10 True Christianity Prevails! ***
    Not only has holy spirit empowered God’s people to carry the word of God to the most distant part of the earth; it has

moved people of all sorts to respond to the good news. Truly, those who have embraced God’s word have come from

“every tribe and tongue and people and nation.”

Q15. How does the truth divide people today?

COMMENTS
    THE TRUTH divides people...some hate us (jws); target of misinformation and malicious propaganda through the

media.

Of course, the WTS does not target other religions this way, right?

Q16. What experience shows that boldness can change the view of those to whom we preach?

COMMENTS
    Almost all the jws I know would never have gone back to a house with a vicious dog and an owner that threatened to set

it on them. How many jws go back to talk to someone that showed interest let alone back to a house like this? The only

place we called back on homes to talk to other family members were those with little territory and everyone hated doing

this. So did this guy get baptized? The WTS experiences leave that part out.

Q17. How did the boldness of a sister strengthen a fearful Bible Student?

COMMENTS
    So what was she doing offering magazines on the bus where people were trapped and could not leave? No one

around my area would even consider this. So is this women still attending meetings, did she get baptized?

Q18. What will help you to preach with boldness, as Jesus did?

COMMENTS
    Notice how the WTS says that everyone except jws are alienated God. Hearing that would make someone grab the

magazine and slap it on the ground!

Why no mention of Jesus being with you?

CONCLUDING COMMENTS

Sorry for the late and non-existent articles (9-13 and 9-20-09). I am still struggling with the scans and my hands

(serious arthritis). I will be on a new anti-cancer medication starting this week. Hopefully, I will see improvement soon.

Next week, Everlasting Life on Earth--A Good Given Hope.

Love, Blondie

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Thanks blondie, hope the new medication helps

LD

• dissed
    dissed

I hate the WT material, brings back bad memories (was conductor for years) lol, but I appreciate very much your objective analyisis of the material. Its very refreshing to not just blindly swallow what's given us by the GB.

My question for them: If you really believe the message could save ones from Armageddon, then why would it be so hard to deliver it at the door?

As one rspected CO we knew said. It has to be the toughest job on the planet. Not because its dangerous, but so boring. I thinks that's the real problem for the JW's. Its not productive, it is boring, and doesn't really require any special boldness. More like endurance because of the monotomy.

Keep up the good work. Here's hoping the meds do their job.

• garyneal
    garyneal

LOL

We had this "Bible" (er Watchtower) study today at my wife's KH. In paragraph two the elder (the same one doing our personal "Bible Study") asked how many people who embrace "Jesus" (er Watchtower) compared to how many who reject "Jesus" (er Watchtower)?

I wanted to answer so bad and say, "Well, let's see, there are over 6 billion people in the world and only 6 million Jehovah's Witnesses. So I say the ratio is 1000 to 1."

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

thanks blondie - so very sorry that you are dealing with cancer and I hope that the drugs work.

I have to admit that I quite enjoyed this Watchtower and got very engrossed in it. I found myself wanting to make a comment on most paragraphs and finally succeeded on the last one. I very simply highlighted the main points (which reminded me of my catholic roots) - "according to the paragraph Matthew 28:20 tells us that Jesus is with us, Holy spirit supports and strengthens and Jehovah provides courage and of course this is in harmony with the point made in 2cor4:17 & 18 (from para 8) where the apostle Paul emphasizes that we need to keep our eyes not the things seen but on the things unseen" (something like that anyway). At paragraph 8 all participants had focused on verse 17 and I did feel that verse 18 had been neglected. I wasn't intending to cause any raised eyebrows and really wanted engage in the pleasure of having a share while saying something relevant.

I also found paras 12 and 13 very interesting and wished that I'd prepared beforehand. I wanted to innocuously say something about why the Jews reacted the way did to the effects of chrisitan preaching in Jesus name, and by this means bring out some of the flavour of conditions at the time.

• marcopolo
    marcopolo

Hi Blondie , nice see y.

wishes for your health,I will prayer God that can assist you and to make to be you good health, so to give good comments on thing writes the WT.
    I also use your comments when I speak with elderly and I make comments to study wt. I always wait for your comments,

thanks .

hugs

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Thanks Blondie - sorry to hear about your health and hope the medicine will magage & keep it contained

Q15. How does the truth divide people today?

COMMENTS

THE TRUTH divides people...some hate us (jws); target of misinformation and malicious propaganda through the media.

What misinformation and malicious propaganda?

It's frustrating that they never elaborate and deliberately mislead the membership in accepting their word - so sad that this mind control prevents the average member in investigating what others disagree with and more importantly, if there is substance to the objections and alternative arguments.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This "boldness" is actually nothing more than stupidity. The witlesses are creating problems where none needed to exist--by the time they reach the doors, there is a good chance that many have heard about how widespread the pedophile problem within the cancer actually is. And, all it takes is for the householder to see all the murders, kidnappings, and other major s*** going on within the religion to cause them to worry about whether the witlesses are really after the householders' children. No wonder they get pepper sprayed, shot, and the police called on them.

On top of that, it is a drudgery to be out there in field circus all the time. While I was in, it was actually worse going out and having to obey all those stupid rules than the "Not Interested" householders. And, I was more worried about getting on a call (that was my partner's), and having that call drag on for hours and hours, than about getting persecuted. If it is hot (or warmer than recent days), it was miserable being stuck in field circus, in that sweat box, instead of at home taking it easy.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

How much sense does this make:

"People hated Enoch and evidently would have murdered him had Jehovah not cut his life short." (par 5)

Couldn't it be reworded as:

People hated Enoch and evidently would have cut his life short had Jehovah not murdered him.

Or:

People hated Enoch and evidently would have murdered him had Jehovah not murdered him.

According to Watchtower doctrine, only the "anointed" 144,000 go to heaven and the WTS says this group does not include Enoch or any of the Old Testament saints. This situation forces the WTS to come up with an alternative explanation for Gen 1:24 which says "God took [Enoch] away" (NIV).

Also note the WTS' use of the word "evidently". "Evidently" people hated Enoch and would have murdered him if "Jehovah" hadn't beaten them to it. Any time you see the word "evidently" in Watchtower material it means the complete OPPOSITE of what you'd think. It means there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE for this assertion; it is pure conjecture....

Hebrews 11:5 says that God took Enoch away and "he did not experience death". The Watchtower Society did their best to obfuscate Hebrews 11:5 in the NWT, but the fact is that even in the NWT it is clear that Enoch DID NOT SEE DEATH:

By faith Enoch was transferred so as not to see death, and he was nowhere to be found because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well. (NWT)

Just another bible verse that Jehovah's Witnesses DO NOT BELIEVE.

• dissed
    dissed

Transferred??

Sounds like he was just 're-assigned' to a new location, like they did to the Bethelites.

Who believes all those stories anyways in Genesis? As my Bethel overseer used to say in trying to explain them. Then he would laugh. He eventually became a WT writer. Not kidding.

If Genesis IS true, then the Heaven doctrine is the only one that makes any sense, no? Of course, that brings up some questions about the Apostle's belief in the need for the ransom sacrifice. But that's a question for another day.

But I guess if you can believe it was okay for Abraham to sacrifice Issaac, then it would be okay for JG to kill Enoch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit