Following your heart not right according to JWs?

by cognac 14 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Your plan to follow your own heart is a good one ! You have a good heart ! Having raised 3 children myself who are now well adjusted adults ( at least the 2 older ones ) I can wholeheartedly say that being affectionate and holding your children and rocking them to sleep is a great connecting force which bonds you emotionally to the child- and more importantly bonds the child emotionally to you the parent. Keep the good work up ! The people at the kingdom hall should blow their advice out their a$$ . They don't know what the hell they are talking about. They are most probably disfunctional emotionally stunted people themselves whose parents didn't hold THEM enough when THEY were young ! Misery loves company. Hug your baby and be proud of it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

You sound like great mom.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Adding to what Outlaw said, any advice from WTS and it's platform speakers is self-serving.

They want babies at the meetings so they can start indoctrinating them. They want babies silent so they don't interfere with the indoctrination of others. Some of their tidbits of information may be okay, but why bother to consider it as valid when you consider the source.

I don't think the local elders and others automatically come up with stuff to serve WTS, but it works out that way.

Get your parenting advice from elsewhere. Otherwise, sounds like you are doing great to me.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Cognac,

I totally agree with your method, I spoil my kids with love and tenderness, I live my my little girls and my wife, Love is what they mean to me and I follow me heart all the tiem with them, they are well behave, never rude, always well viewed and commended by teachers, strangers and such.

I would never take any advice that seems to be non-loving, that "spare the rod, spoil the child" stuff sucks big hairy armpits !
    My kids are not perfect and they can be some serious trouble makers too ( thank goodness) and they do get a nice butt tapping when they need it, but they are loving, affectionate and respectful, which is FAR MORE than I can say of most JW's I know.

• loosie
    loosie

Cognac, last week I learned in my psych class that there absolutely no reason to let a baby cry it out. It doesn't not make their lungs stronger, it does not encourage them to self soothe, it does not help new brain synapsis form. Witnesses are working from an old inaccurate belief, which will most likely cause their children to need therapy later in life. Sounds like you are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit