America's Most Wanted seeks fugitive hiding in JW community

by frozen one 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

jehovahsheep writes:

who knows how i would feel -whoever you are.we dont need to be so self righteous and paint me as being as bad as this person.this is basically a non-story.jws for the most part are docile people even thogh i believe now that they are wrong on major doctrine.

I'll tell you who I am. I'm someone who, at the age of 17, was sexually assaulted by a "Brother™" who had been Disfellowshipped™ and Reinstated™ - NOT ONCE, but TWICE (and again later Disfellowshipped™ a THIRD TIME) - for molesting his own teenaged daughters. The Elders™ were so Loving™ that they decided to keep their own daughters safe from this animal and assigned the bastard to the book study in my parents' home, and didn't bother letting us know they were sending a known molester into the sanctity of our home.

I'm someone whose father had to say to her "I'm sorry, we thought he was Repentant™."

And, no, I'm not painting you as being as bad as this individual. I just think you are terribly misguided if you think sex offenders can be reformed. That's the whole point of having them register as sex offenders - because the research and evidence is so strong that they will reoffend that the public interest is served in maintaining such a registry.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Maybe he told them there weren't two witnesses present. No, seriously, I hope they find this bastard and he gets what he deserves!

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

god is a friend-its incredible that there has been suffering like this in the organization.i can understand your bitterness.i was a jw for 16 years and wasnt aware of this kind of crime until i was out.so what your saying is that this type of person will have to repeat his behavior-there is nothing he or gods holy spirit can do to avert this behavior.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Angel Eyes,

My father was an elder and Presiding Overseer and for years "got away" with molesting his daughter. Even after confessing, he was df'd for less than 6 months and is an active JW to this day.

No Apologies

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

no apologies-do you think someone with this type of offense while a jw should be allowed to return?how about if the person was marked permantly to protect the congregation?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Why won't he last long in 'Jah's org"?? They have shown themselves to be anything other than God's organization. They have certainly shown that they are not led by the Holy Spirit. I can rattle off countless, countless examples for you of people I personally know who have lasted decades, some of whom are still in what you call 'Jahs org"- which is truly Satan's org.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The article says, "Law enforcement officials believe he's taken on a new identity and may be using an Indiana driver's license, though his new alias is currently unknown."

Nowhere do I find it mentioned that he is a known JW or that a JW congregation willingly has taken him into their midst. In stead, it is suggested he has taken on a new identity. From my time as an elder, it was standard procedure if someone for example wanted to be baptised and he was a refugee from abroad, that he be advised to return to his native country and face the law there and thus settle his account first.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

jehovahsheep,

they can be allowed to return once they've demonstrated their repentence by completely confessing their wrongdoing to "Ceasar" and dutifully accepting whatever punishment is meted out. And since they are repentant they would also want to make sure that members of any congregation they associate with are made aware clearly and openly about what kind of wrongdoing they have committed. And of course they would never ever be given any kind of responsibility in the congregation ever. Nor would they be allowed to engage in the field ministry without at least one elder accompanying them the whole time. In fact, it would be best if their field service was limited to writing letters or possibly phone witnessing.

I don't think any of these requirements are excessive or restrictive. Actually the Watchtower could have avoided many problems years ago by simply implementing this kind of policy. Why they didn't, and still don't is a mystery...

No Apologies

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

thanks no apologies-unfortunetly the wts would rather it be kept secret because they are always self promoting themselves and this would be bad pr for them.this proves that they are not led by gods spirit.

• truthlover
    truthlover

Is this guy still out there?

Tl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit