America's Most Wanted seeks fugitive hiding in JW community

by frozen one 20 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

From the TV show "America's Most Wanted" on Saturday, Sept 26: Michael Calhoun - 39 y/o white male, 6', 210 lbs - convicted of rape and the attempted murder of an elderly woman. Wanted for failing to register as a violent sexual predator in Ashtabula County, Ohio. He has psoriasis, is believed to be dealing drugs, and could be hiding out in a Jehovah's Witness community (AMW did not elaborate as to why he could be hiding amongst Witnesses). Might be in southwest Texas or Ohio.

AMW fugitive file for Michael Calhoun

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Why? Because if he said he didn't do it they would believe him.

• flipper
    flipper

FROZEN ONE- Thanks for posting this. Once again a predatory type person seeks the warm comforting confines of the WT organization to scan people for his next victim . If any posters in Texas or Ohio see this - a really righteous thing to do would be make copies of this with the guys picture- and place them under many JW car windshields during their meetings tomorrow . Raise some hell and awareness in Texas or Ohio ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the wts is now pictured as a community that shields criminals.his crime is not registerating when he moved.the state is to blame for allowing a dangerous person like this to be on the streets.we all probably became excited when we heard this story.but if a person repents from a wicked past-no matter what he did he is forgiven by god.satan will say that certain people should never be accepted.im sure every religion has those with dark pasts who are accepted members.

• Scully
    Scully

Jehovahsheep writes:

the wts is now pictured as a community that shields criminals.his crime is not registerating when he moved.the state is to blame for allowing a dangerous person like this to be on the streets.we all probably became excited when we heard this story.but if a person repents from a wicked past-no matter what he did he is forgiven by god.satan will say that certain people should never be accepted.im sure every religion has those with dark pasts who are accepted members.

Yeah, and when he rapes your wife or daughters or mother or sisters, how are you going to feel when you have to look them in the eyes and say: "I'm so sorry, we thought he was Repentantâ„¢"??? Is that going to be a good enough excuse for you then??

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When a JW commits a sin they are punished by being Disfellowshipped and shunned by the entire JW organization, thrown to the world for the world to deal with. Very Convenient for them.

However when a criminal of the world is punished they could possibly be met with open arms by JW's.

There is not much respect or adhering to the scripture "being in subjection to the superior authorities" although they will take every other benefit the government or world has to offer to them.

I wonder if this guy, Calhoun, became a JW in prison.

When I read how Garrido used the Jehovah Witness religion to help with his early parole I felt like they were victimized as well as Duggard.

But they would have never gotten their name mixed up with the Garrido case had they respected the punishment of land, his imprisonment, let him finish his time and then converted him.

edited to add: OK, I read the article and surely if he has contact with anyone from the JW community he will be turned in.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

who knows how i would feel -whoever you are.we dont need to be so self righteous and paint me as being as bad as this person.this is basically a non-story.jws for the most part are docile people even thogh i believe now that they are wrong on major doctrine.

• cawshun
    cawshun

frozen one, I saw this on AMW show too. I'm glad you posted his pic. You never know, even here if someone may recognize him.

I hope he gets caught and I bet he is a jw.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

He wont lst long in Jahs org thats for sure.....hope if he is guilty he gets put away. People use our kindness to get them out of trouble.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It is interesting to note that the information was that he took a degree in psychology while in prison. If nothing else, it would have taught him of how to manipulate and what kinds of populations are vulnerable to his kind.

I didn't see anything in the link that mentioned JWs though. He seems like a cold blooded male. (not much of a man)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit