• carla
    carla

marking, thank you.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

Thanks

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

so upbuilding but more than anything Encouraging :) and positive, unlike this world with its suspicious thinking.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

WOW. (falls out of chair) And with that last comment by AE, this just became a great example for my university presentation on cultic thinking and the inability to see things clearly. Thank you!!!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Great points OTWO. Thanks for taking the time to compile this.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see".

• boyzone
    boyzone

I'd like to thank Angel Eyes for the practical demonstration of one whose under mind control. I give a "g" for good but perhaps you need to work on "material adapted to suit your audience" next.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Bookmarked. Thanks OTWO.

• garyneal
    garyneal

angeleyes:

I mean no disrespect but why are you here? Please don't take this personal, because I am genuinly curious as to what you are doing in here. Are you a Jehovah's Witness apologist? Maybe looking to help sheperd some of the former witnesses back into the fold. If so, I would actually have to commend you (provided you are truly doing this out of love).

I would also love to have a dialog with you concerning the Watchtower teachings and how they correlate with the Bible. Respectfully of course as I am not trying to convert you or anything. Perhaps you can teach me something.

Are you a troll? Just looking to get your kicks saying things that you know will set off the former Jehovah's Witnesses on this site. Please, AE, I really just want to know what your purpose for being here.

• VIII
    VIII

So, how do I get these Quotes into a nice Birthday card I can send to my Mom? Just to get her to think.

She is, of course, a die hard, JW.

I don't want to overwhelm her.

Do you think this would? In that format?

All kidding aside, the fact that there are no biblical quotes is especially telling.

These two make me especially angry:

“Fight Against Independent Thinking [...] How is such independent thinking manifested? A common way is by questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization”. – The Watchtower 1/15/83 p. 22

Avoid Independent Thinking. Avoid questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization.” - The Watchtower January 15, 1983 P22

Grrr.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit