Hooray! Watchtower Will Stop Molesting Bees!!

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

For years, Loyal Jehovah's Witnesses have been singing about molesting bees and that "I can ever beat them off" Well, it's good to know that this "beating off" capacity is the personal affirmation of every one of Jehovah's people..... but no more.

I don't know what quasi-senile half wit came up with this awful song that makes anyone over the age of 18 cringe but I was told that it has been dropped from The New Song Book ("Jehovah Is My Side" Song 125 )

I'm sure the bees are pleased with this "New Light".

metatron

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OMFG, I grabbed the wife's songbook to look up #125.

"Around me swarms the Devil's crowd Like bees that were molested.
    But I can ever beat them off, Beneath divine protection."

They WERE molested then the JW's vow to do it again (beat them off).

ROFLMAO. I just sang the stuff, not even realizing what mind-control and/or garbage it was.

• dissed
    dissed

They have lost their brain trust.

Has anyone ever seen the movie "Mom and Dad save the World?" A whole planet of dimwits led by Emperor Todd. Just saying...

• watson
    watson

I am going to miss this one. Always brought a "tear" to my eye.

• Farkel
    Farkel

met,

:I don't know what quasi-senile half wit came up with this awful song that makes anyone over the age of 18 cringe

The lyrics sound like they came from Karl Klein, who was a diligent student of Vogon poetry. Klein wrote those hauntingly beautiful lyrics in "From House to House."

The Worst Poetry of All

Farkel

• DNCall
    DNCall

With all due respect to Farkel, and I could be wrong, but I believe Ron Fallic, an elderly brother from one of the South American Branch offices wrote the lyrics to 125, as he wrote most of the lyrics in the 1982 songbook. The lyrics to "From House to House" were written by Harold King and I believe Karl Klein or Vern Duncombe wrote the music. I used to have a list of all the composers and lyricists so I'm working from memory.

• Farkel
    Farkel

DNCall,

:The lyrics to "From House to House" were written by Harold King and I believe Karl Klein or Vern Duncombe wrote the music.

Yes, I believe you're right, now that you mention it. I was about 15 years old when I heard Harold King speak in my city. It was a BIG event. He had just been released from a Chinese prison after having spent what? 20 years there. He spoke of things he did to occupy his mind and writing kingdom songs was one of them.

He also said how "shocked" he was when he first heard the Beatle's music and he was a Brit!

He's mentioned in the Proclaimer's book too, isn't he?

Farkel

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Were there 2 witnesses to the bee molesting? If there wasn't, Brother OTWO, then if you discuss this any further, we may have to disfellowship you for slander.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was 16 when that songbook came out and I never did see that until now, when I got it out and looked it up. I just can't understand how that one escaped me for so long. I know I would have laughed everytime I saw it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Farkel said:

...who was a diligent student of Vogon poetry.

HA!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit