Anyone from;Michigan,Wisconsin,Minnesota,North Dakota,Montana,Idaho,Washington?

by jookbeard 18 Replies latest social current

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I've always wondered which is the coldest state in the winter, these ones that border Canada?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

North Dakota, I think.

I was in Michigan for 10 years. Snowed a lot, but being surrounded by the lakes actually kept the temperatures somewhat warmer. States to the North and West of Michigan are generally colder....

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

ok what's the coldest part of Canada?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

We don't live in igloos here in Canada you know :) Southern Ontario is same latitude as northern California. Sourthern Ontario is humid and summers are hot so Michigan would not be cold by any means. Washington is on the coast and similar weather to southern BC which has wild winters. Montana I know is cold but they might get chinooks like southern Alberta which would give them a nice break during winter but that I'm not 100% certain of and I know parts of Idaho are crazy cold because of their high elevation but so are parts of Colorado. So out of the once I know I would guess either Montana or Idaho are the coldest.

• poppers
    poppers

I'm from northern Wisconsin, and it gets plenty cold here. But North Dakota I think feels even colder because it tends to be very windy there. The more continental areas will be colder since large bodies of water will moderate temperatures.

• chickpea
    chickpea

another cheesehead representin' !!

gets plenty cold here on the south shore of the upper lake...
    i suspect nodak is the coldest, altho international falls, mn
    gets a lot of "coldest place in the US"weather reporting....
    (the template for the bullwinkle town of frostbite falls)

i have had more than one neighbour to the north tell me
    winnepeg manitoba is the coldest part of the country...
    goes by the moniker "winterpeg, mani-snow-ba"
    ( i suspect nunavut has a quarrel with that)

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I lived in Wisconsin for a few years. In fact, that's where I left the dubs. Sorry I missed you guys while I was up there.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I live in Seattle. Western Washington is pretty mild most of the year, due to the ocean. Eastern Washington gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer. The mountains in the middle can get seriously cold.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Western Washingtonian here. It's like what JeffT said.

• asilentone
    asilentone

International Falls, Minnesota is the coldest city in the USA in the Wintertime. Google it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit