OMG! I've been shot!

by Elsewhere 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Nothing like some good ol-fashioned BS to get someone's attention.

Yup... I got my regular Flu Shot today (not H1N1). I also got a Pneumonia shot. I plan on getting my H1N1 shot once it is available.

Have you been shot yet?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I got the regular flu shot about two weeks ago. My arm was really sore for 24 hours or so.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

h1n1 hasn't even been tested. I'll take my chances with nature's good ol' piggie flu.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

h1n1 hasn't even been tested

Elsewhere <-------------- Guinea Pig???

• Satanus
    Satanus

Shot 3 times, and still tickin. You're getting back into form.

S

• VIII
    VIII

Work has them in 3 weeks. I'm getting it then.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

What if h1n1 vaccine testing reveals that 1 in 200 have a severe adverse reaction, while, say 1 in 1000 with swine flu have an equivalent outcome. That could be entirely possible, except in this case everyone's going apeshit over a flu that is likely no more, or even less, deadly than the regular fucking flu. Don't even get me started.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... got my shot at work. (They are smart enough to give free shots every flu season)

> Elsewhere <-------------- Guinea Pig???

Oink! (Yeah, I know, not a picture of a pig but it was the closest thing in the smiley selection.)

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've had the flu shot once. And got the flu 2 months later. Never again. I think it's a scam.

I had the original swine flu back in '76. I'm still here.

From what I've heard the current vaccine has problems with it. For me, I have no interest in it. For the kiddos, particularly Jackson with his asthma history, I'll talk to his allergist.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've had the flu shot once. And got the flu 2 months later. Never again. I think it's a scam.

I don't think the regular seasonal flu shot is intended to protect against every strain of flu, only the more serious ones.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit