ENGLISH GRAMMAR AND SPELLING

by badboy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

Try typing the word into google. Just google. google will ask if you mean the correct/proper/right word. (usually and depending on the tools you have set up on google).

When you see the word you think is the word you want, click on it and you'll see all kinds of references to it. If all those are wrong, Oh Well.

That's my DB spell check. At least for here where spell check doesn't work and I just can't spend too much time checking.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bad Boy..

Do you know how to sound a word out?

Every letter makes a different sound..

Combinations of letters make different sounds..

If you can sound a word out..

You will be able to search for it in a dictionary..

My buddy Farkel is being a Smart Ass..Moony 1

LOL!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

:My buddy Farkel is being a Smart Ass.

Who, ME?

Farkel

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Install IE Spell if your using IE.

or Firefox has spellcheckers also in their add-ons features

A link for IE. Spell

• parakeet
    parakeet

You have to know how to spell it before you can find it in the dictionary, and if you already know how to spell it, you don't need to look it up!

Anne Baxter in "The Miracle Worker"?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If it is typos and the occasional word you cannot spell, that is not very serious. What I don't like is when there are so many problems going through the whole post that it makes it almost impossible to get the sense of what one is trying to post.

For those who just plain cannot spell well enough to make intelligible posts (that is, one that the average reader can readily get the sense of what is being said), I advise courses in mastering the English language. Of course, I am not referring to altered spellings that expose the religion for what it really is (the alterations are usually more accurate in describing the religion).

• John Doe
    John Doe

oops, wrong thread

• compound complex
  • zombie dub
    zombie dub

use Firefox, Opera or Safari instead of IE (the worst browser available) all of those browsers have built in spell check by default.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Language standards can certainly be used for oppressive purposes, but most speakers and writers of all races and classes want to use language in a way that will impress others. The fact is that the world is full of teachers, employers, and other authorities who may penalize you for your nonstandard use of the English language.

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit