Decorating for Fall/Halloween

by bluecanary 17 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

I love it Blue! When I pull out all my fall/Halloween stuff, I'll take some pics. It's been in the high 90's here lately, supposedly 101 tomorrow, so it's kinda hard to get in the mood for fall. It is my favorite time of year.

• White Dove
    White Dove

That pumpkin chandelier is adorable! I like how you did your house, too. I have a few things out, like Jack-O-Lanterns, ghost candles, and a tiny light up haunted house along with my year around Wiccan alter and decorations.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

White Dove I'd love to see pics of your alter.

• crapola
    crapola

This is the first year I've put pumpkins out on my porch to decorate for fall. I've always wanted to but did'nt because of what the "friends" might think. How stupid to worry about what people would think about orange pumpkins. Now I don't care. I know I'm just decorating for fall and I love the colors.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for sharing, bluecanary. I just got mums, pumpkins and squash for the front porch and gourds for inside. I even have some at work. I made a fall leaf wreath last year and put that up on the door.

It has been cooler here and we have had our first apple pie made with apples from the orchard. Pumpkin is next. We have already sipped hot spiced cider by the fireplace.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I love your decorations! Silk autumn leaves (wedding supply store) would be a perfect nature based compliment to the theme you have there.

For my own decorations I have pine cones, nuts of all types, a branch of dried oak leaves with acorns attached from last year, orange candles, dried flowers, pumpkins and gourds, with fall leaves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have put out lights (yes, they have LED pumpkin lights that change color from red to spooky green) in the hallway. I also put out some warm-white lights (they can transition from Halloween to Christmas), and some tinsel garland that features pumpkins on a black background, white ghosts on an orange background, and purple bats on a black background). I also got a string of purple bat LED lights, a glitter jack o'lantern (I took the incandescent light out and put a strobe LED light in its place). And that's just for Halloween--I wonder what the witlesses are going to do when the Halloween specific stuff comes down and the "sun worship" decorations go up in their place.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

WTW, sounds like you can make an easy transition from halloween to Christmas. If they don't already make this, someone should: multi-colored lights that stay up year round. At Christmas, you make sure just the red and green stay on. At halloween just the orange and purple. Summer, red white and blue. February, red and white. You never have to take your lights down or put 'em back up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit