Decorating for Fall/Halloween

by bluecanary 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Even as a witness we always used to decorate for fall with pumpkins, goards, mums, candles and other natural things. Now that I can decorate for halloween, I realize that I really prefer to stick to the natural stuff. I will have a few homemade hallween things when the time comes but for now I've decked my apartment out in fall goodness. Here comes the pics.

My dining room:

The hutch that's on the other wall:

Close up of the chandelier:

I laid sticks across it. Painted mini-pumpkins and hung them with wire.

My centerpiece:

My living room:

As you can see, I love pumpkins. I must have twenty of them around here:

The wall art is based on an idea from HGTV. We took foam board, glued scrapbook paper to it and taped it to the wall. Needs straightening.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I need to set a few pumpkins around the house just to see what reaction I get from my dub wife. Not jack-o-lanterns, mind you. Just pumpkins. And maybe some candy, too.

• John Doe
    John Doe

September and October have always been my favorite months of the year. The weather is usually perfect. Sadly this year, it's been rainy all through September, with hardly any of the usually beautiful sunshine and light breezy days.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

The decoration is really nice. God created these items to enjoy. A good pumpkin pie is always welcome.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Can't go wrong with candy or pie. My family always decorated for fall. When I got married and wanted to have a pumpkin, my husband wasn't happy with it. He said that was a halloween decoration. Like Satan created the pumpkin.

• dissed
    dissed

Okay, it looks good, but I didn't notice any JW literature. Where are the endless bound volumes on the wall? lol

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I won't be decorating outside like some of my neighbours do. I don't want kids coming around on Halloween bothering me for treats that I'd rather eat myself.

I like pumpkins too, and plan on making some pumpkin ice cream again this year.

W

• I quit!
    I quit!

Be careful you don't attract demons with your wild pagan ways Bluecanary. Actually it looks very nice.

I almost bought my first pumpkin to set out on the front porch today but is about 100 outside right now and I was afraid it would last through the fall if I put it out now. I've tried to grow pumpkins but haven't been very successful at it. I planted one in the spring but accidentally killed it while pulling weeds. A bought a late season one but it doesn't seem to be doing well in the heat.

• parakeet
    parakeet

bluecanary, I like the mini-pumpkins hanging from your chandelier and the decorative paper collages. If you don't mind, I'd like to do the same in my house.

But I always decorate the front porch as scary as I can because we get a high volume of trick-or-treaters (60-80) every Halloween.

Hope your mom is feeling better.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

parakeet, I can't take credit for either of those ideas, so knock yourself out. I found the chandelier here. The site has all kinds of good ideas. I also plan to make some ghost gourds and paper bats later on. I don't know a website for the collage. If you need any tips, pm me and I'll tell you what I used.

Thanks for your concern. Mother's still feeling lousy but hasn't had a full on attack yet tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit