Arctic Ice to Last Decades Longer Than Thought?

by leavingwt 41 Replies latest social current

• Black Sheep
  • Farkel
    Farkel

Lest anyone forget, 90% of all the ice on the planet is in Antarctica and it is growing by trillions of tons per year. The Arctic is only a factional part of the 10% of all the other ice left over.

For global warming to be real, it must be GLOBAL, but it isn't. Antarctica is not melting. It is growing. Something else is at work in the Arctic and it ain't just Co2.

The big flaw in global warming projections is that it depends upon computer projections. GIGO, if you know what I mean.

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The Sun Could be Heading into Period of Extended Calm

The Monder Minimun during the Little Ice Age if memory serves. The coldest part of several hundred years of abnormally low temperatures. Some think this was caused by markedly decreased sun spot activity.

My biggest problem with global warming is global temperatures have historically swung wildly through the hundreds of millions of years that life has existed on this little mud ball. It's difficult to take seriously breathless reporting over 2 or 3 decades or even a century of rising temperatures.

Having said that, I do think the earth is getting warmer. Maybe humans have a hand in it, maybe we don't. But maybe temperatures are returning to what they were before the Little Ice Age.

After all, what is a "normal" temperature on this planet?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Lest anyone forget, 90% of all the ice on the planet is in Antarctica

Not to quibble, but Greenland's got a helluva lot of ice. Granted not as much as Antartica, but a bit more than your percentage might indicate.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What's Holding Antarctic Sea Ice Back From Melting?

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/view.php?id=40042

Hope that's a neutral enough site. Unless of course you're part of the Illumanati/Masonic/Bildeberger global conspiracy that secretly rules the world.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Unless of course you're part of the Illumanati/Masonic/Bildeberger global conspiracy that secretly rules the world.

You mean they don't?

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Can't tell. I was sworn to secrecy once I discovered the truth about 9/11.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Whooooooooooot!!! Let's fire up the Hummers and invade another oil producing nation!!!

• moshe
    moshe

Lets also not forget that the reversal of the magnetic poles is going to happen in the near future too- 1000 years is near on a cosmic scale- and the bible never even warned us this stuff either.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Lest anyone forget, 90% of all the ice on the planet is in Antarctica and it is growing by trillions of tons per year. The Arctic is only a factional part of the 10% of all the other ice left over.

For global warming to be real, it must be GLOBAL, but it isn't. Antarctica is not melting. It is growing. Something else is at work in the Arctic and it ain't just Co2.

The big flaw in global warming projections is that it depends upon computer projections. GIGO, if you know what I mean.

Farkel, I suggest you go to NASA or realclimate.org.

Antarctica is losing ice shelves at the edges and regaining some of it at the center both because of global warming. Lest you forget, or perhaps did not know in the first place, the warmer water gets the faster it evaporates. Therefore the same water that is eating away at Antarcticas edges is causing an increase of snow in those areas deeper inland. Antarctica is so big that it could create its own weather and climatologists do not see it as a major or immediate threat to the global predicament. And no it's not growing overall except in the literature of the deniers.

Reports from hundreds of weather stations show a general increase of about one and half degrees throughout the world. An article in National Geographic magazine some time back showed 15 out of 16 glaciers retreating. So what if there was one exception due to flukish conditions in a small part of the world. If the temperature is rising in a complex planet or system of any kind some places will be warmer than others and a few, for a short period might be temporarily cooler for now.

As far as the "big flaw" that you mentioned about global warming projections, what anyone who has read the literature would know, is that computer projections have come up short underestimating Global Warming especially in the Northern Hemisphere. For example, Greenlands glaciers were not supposed to have been accelarating nor the Arctic cap shrinking as fast as they have in the past decade. By the way why are you even mentioning Antarctica when it's the Arctic that is subject of this thread?

There is more danger from the Arctic to our wellbeing and that of the Northern Hemisphere were most people live than there is from Antarctica. When that ice cap melts completely in the summer time it's going to change our weather patterns affecting crops and water for human consumption.

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit