Elder Disfellowshipped Last Night

by wifeofjw 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• willyloman
    willyloman

Isn't it interesting that, even here, the initial assumption is that he was DF'd for "immorality"? That's what they want you to think.

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

Yes Willy I agree. It is sad. Maybe he is just getting "New Light" from his studies.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    Isn't it interesting that, even here, the initial assumption is that he was DF'd for "immorality"? That's what they want you to think.

Agreed.

• Farkel
    Farkel

He probably quit going out in field service and spent that time making genuine shepherding calls, and then they caught him buying a pack of cigrarettes for a paraplegic with multiple sclerosis who couldn't get out of the car to go in the store where the elder was going to buy a pack of gum for himself.

Yeah. That's it. It's Bible-Based, you know.

Farkel

• sacolton
    sacolton

I thought Elders were selected by "Holy Spirit"?

• steve2
    steve2

Interesting yes, but I'd say "Statistically, highly probable that it was for immorality". Very, very few are disfellowshipped for apostasy - and when they are, it makes a very loud splash, disproportionate to the relatively small numbers actually kicked out for apostasy compared with "sins of the flesh".

You may be right in asserting "That's what they want you to think", but it does align with the statistical "numbers".

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Don't they usually have a local needs talk on the same subject that the person was df'd for? There was an elder in my hall years back that was df'd. And then a week later a talk about avid and hiding sin. With some interesting hypothetical situations

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi wifeofjw,

Seeing as you have never been a JW, go ahead and ask whoever you want, whatever you want. Just be sincere and ask your questions in such a way that they feel obligated to give you an answer, especially if they really don't want to.

Cheers

Chris

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

An Elder?

Here is my theory. Either he was

• "Thinking" with the "little head": "Immorality"...

or he was doing some actual...

• THINKING with the grey matter inside his head: "Apostacy"!

Funny isn't it that you can't think with either head or you'll be ousted?

• dozy
    dozy

"Don't they usually have a local needs talk on the same subject that the person was df'd for?"

Yes - they used to have it on the same night but now it is given a few weeks later. Occasionally elders "forget" to give it (there aren't exactly too many volunteers to give such a talk ). But if they are following WTS procedure , the official reason will come to light before too long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit