• Dagney
    Dagney

Good news!!! Congratulations!

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Gratz!!! Purple Softa

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Good for you !!! Great to hear some good news .

• brinjen
    brinjen

Congratulations Purps!

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just saw this!

Congratulations!

Peace.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover

I missed this entire thread...

Too late to wish you luck but congrats on getting the job.

Guess you'll be too busy to grace us with your present as much, huh?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

wonderful news purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey,

I got a job at a Brokerage company, receptionist, 16 very busy lines to answer, with paperwork to do on top of that.

It's a temporary job, a friend of mine called and asked me if I was interested. The girl that does the job is in the National Reserve

and is being deployed to help train her platoon? for their deployment to Afghanistan. She was over there last year and WOW, even she

is not sure they are doing much good, but sometimes she says they are able to help the villagers with food and other things. Most of the time

the Taliban comes and destroys (burns) the food, clothes and water they leave. Most chiefs of the villages refuse help as the Taliban threatens to

kill their families if they do. She said the people are very uneducated, their water comes from creeks and rivers, they are very unsanitary too. The "teachers" they have are untrained and are passing down many wrong things to those they teach.

Anyway,

By law, Her job must be secure for her to come back to, she will be gone about 138 days.

Which works out perfect for me as construction is slow in the winter and I won't have much to do and need the extra money.

There is no way I have time or am allowed to be online for anything personal at work.

And my time off work, I can tell, is busy with so much stuff so I will not be here much for the winter.

Thanks for the support,

I will miss being here whenever I want.

purps

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I torture staked my fingers, but please do not request photos of this incident.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Good for you, I hope the job works out for you and perhaps it might progress to something better further on

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit