Did You Reach Out For "Privileges"?

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As one who grew up "in the Truth", I recognized that the most important goal I could ever have was "to be used" in Jehovah's service (aka The Organization). When I was a kid I Pioneered every summer for at least one month, sometimes more. I was the timekeeper for the Theocratic Ministry School as a child. I was baptized at 9, became a MS at 20 and an elder at 24. I was taught to constantly "reach out". My mother, aunt and grandmother were all Regular Pioneers. My older brother was an elder. We were a very "Theocratic" family.

Were you one who reached out? Were you one who encouraged someone to increase their "privileges "?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I reached out and often got smacked back down. I don't have a penis, so I wasn't elligible for most privileges. Between being single, then being married to a loser, I wasn't elligible for even more privileges. But I auxilliaried as much as I could. I offered to do substitute talks but wouldn't be given any and would go years at a time without being given parts on the school of my own, despite asking repeatedly to be given them. I always volunteered to do stuff at assemblies and was told I wasn't needed.

• minimus
    minimus

Blue, it's people like you---who try to do their best and in turn get kicked in the behind---that make the Organization lose members.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Amen, minimus.

• cheerios
    cheerios

i tried reaching out for years. i could never figure out why i wasn't appointed a servant. then one day it hit me ... i actually use my brain and think as opposed to just following "theocratic" misdirection from a group of self-serving fat jerks loyal servants who are deserving of my boot up their arses double-honor.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

im still waiting to do the mics...lol (im a sister)

• yknot
    yknot

Well as a gal I was limited but when I was younger........I would have done just about anything for more praise by my Elders when I was younger.

When I moved to the NaziPOs congregation I pretty much just did cheerleading for others to reach-out. Based on my comments earlier to a couple of JWs......I guess I am still guilty....but I did insist they both finish college first and are helping them ready for Spring Semester.

• minimus
    minimus

Angel Eyes, your privilege is to be here.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

cheers min....cool love it :)

• minimus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit