Amazing how they are so damned sure of my views!!

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh the love among the JW's. Doesn't it just touch your heart?!

Excuse me?? "WHERE IS THE LOVE"????Oh you mean as long as you do all
    us at Brooklyn Bethel( OLd,OLD MEN)tell you to do,THAT is LOVE...but stop
    following us. & BOOM!!!! We capture your husbands, wives,kids,& hold them hostage.
    No not in body in mind!!!!!

• Girlie
    Girlie

I remember when I had one of those loving "shepherding calls" and I asked the leading elder why is it that some friends are so reserved in their love for others. His response in a rather cavalier manner: "Because they are possibly wanting to protect their spirituality from those who they view as spiritually weak." What an assured message to convey to an ailing one. And it is this very sad stance for why many do find themselves leaving this wasted religious cult.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    "Because they are possibly wanting to protect their spirituality from those who they view as spiritually weak."

Yet - those same people go out and knock on complete stranger's doors talking to them about [and listening when forced to] their religious viewpoints. Atheists, liars, welfare moms, tax thieves, methodists, muslims. Yet they worry not about 'protecting' themselves from such influences.

I remember that before I 'figured it out', it was always deeply troubling to me when out in service and the elder or elderette in charge that day would refuse to stop and 'encourage' someone who was missing meetings or seemed discouraged. I recall being in that state once, during which time a car group of Jw's stopped to 'work' my street. They filed out and took every house in on my block, leaving the snow on my sidewalk unmarred. The self-righteous asshole elder in charge looked at me looking out the front window of my house, just a few yards away, and never even waved as they got back in the car. I felt the love that day. In retrospect, it was one of those 'key moments' that helped us eventually see through the hate they call love.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit