Amazing how they are so damned sure of my views!!

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

My wife ran into a jw the other day who apologized to her for having 'shunned' my wife the other day. Turns out that my wife never even saw her the day she was 'shunned'.

The apology was telling though: "I just wanted to say I was sorry for ignoring you the other day. I was under the impression that you had 'left Jehovah' just as your husband has done. I spoke to my uncle Dale [a local elder] who told me that you had not, so I wanted to apologize."

What a bunch of arrogant assholes! Who phrases an apology with 'well I thought you deserved it due to your free choices that I disagree with, and that might have agreed with your husbands choices" ?

Furthermore - I have never announced to any of those self-righteous asses my opinion of their Jehovah. My wife is of precisely the same opinion as I am BTW - she just has not DA'd due to family still inside and alive. They do not speak to me, so how would they ever know what I think about anything? Nooooo, these people aren't playing the judge..... Wow!

Jeff

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Thank you for sharing this story.

My wife has been shunned by most, since the day I left.

I guess they feel she should have left me, if she wanted to remain their friends.

Moreover, my JW family shuns my KIDS.

Can you feel the love?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's amazing how institutionalized not thinking is in the borg. Sorry you have to put up with that BS.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    "I just wanted to say I was sorry for ignoring you the other day. I was under the impression that you had 'left Jehovah' just as your husband has done. I spoke to my uncle Dale [a local elder] who told me that you had not, so I wanted to apologize."

This is the epitome of passive/aggressive behavior. Mix in nosy curiousity and finish it with self-righteous judgment.

Charming.

• dissed
    dissed

My nephew and his wife sent a letter to the congregation dis-associating themselves. Oh the embarrasment to their parents!

Grandma and grandpa now REFUSE to visit their grandchildren. This has been going on for 5-6 years. They live around the block.

My nephew went to their house recently to tell them, they MUST at least visit the kids, they are missing them growing up, and will regret it later.

They did then come over......for 5 minutes then left.

Oh the love among the JW's. Doesn't it just touch your heart?!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Who made her Judge and jury!!!!!! There the kinda peeps who push loving ones out.......grrrrrrrrr Hmmm love to see her face if you quoted matt 25v37-40. If we think a brother is low or having probs then go round and see them,not to judge but to be understanding....

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am growing in my disdain for these mentally ill people, to be honest. The pipeline is gossip, and the result is pure judgement based on other peoples' opinion. Talk about checking your brain at the door.

Jeff

• willyloman
    willyloman

This post touches on another of the WT's "dirty little secrets." They publicly portray DFing as a "loving" arrangement while at the same time proclaiming that "love" is the identifying mark of (their) true religion.

In reality, shunning is often transfered to the family of DFed persons. If a "brother" (or any other family member) is excommunicated in some way, the spouse is often looked upon with suspicion by the vast majority in the congo, as are the children. They are cut off socially. At precisely the time the family needs the love and support of their spiritual family, the love is withdrawn or at the very least, curtailed.

This is so ingrained in the dub culture that it's even true when no DFing has occurred; all someone in the family has to do is just stop going to meetings for a month or so and the family begins to be ostracized. It has to do with the training all dubs receive by the WT through meeting talks and publications, that they should be on constant watch for signs of "weakness" and to run like hell in the opposite direction whenever they catch a whiff of it.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It was interesting to me how she had to go check with an elder to see if she was correct in her actions. This woman is in her 30's, intelligent. Yet she has to go ask someone if she can speak civilly to a friend she has known since she was born? And the reason is that I left her religion?

Jeff

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I had a sister go barmy on me few years ago...in the street...great witness that was to on lookers,but she was going mad shouting that id left Jah etc,then i explained that we had moved congs!! and thats why she hadnt seen us. Had she of been at the meeting that week she would have heard the announcement.....and no apology!!!!!!! (doubt she'll ask first next time before jumping in)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit