NFL player quits career to become an idiot

by Captain Schmideo2 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Hopefully, the decision will be temporary. There is hope that he'll awaken once he's been in The Cult for enough time to experience its weirdness. More than likely his NFL earnings are dispensed as an Annuity which should afford him a very comfortable lifestyle for many years to come.

• waton
    waton

He could have added another dimension to the kneeling for the anthem bruhaha, had he not quit while the quitting was good. (for him)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There was a nfl player in Texas that was a JW, except he waited till his career was over before he took the plunge. Now everyone there thinks he’s all that and he’s a rising star as a JW.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

An AFL player here in Victoria Australia threatened to leave his club to pursue his religious convictions as a JW recently. A 26 year old and an un baptised publisher.

{It doesn`t sound like he was very committed to me }

Of course his contract was about to be renewed and he didn`t leave his beloved club to become a full time JW .witnessing from D2D

And of course it didn`t have anything to do with the extra money he was offered to stay with his club over his love for Jehovah.

You do not reach this standard of play being half hearted or apathetic about the game ,you have to be full on and 100% committed to the game .And it takes years to achieve that level.

All of which goes against the JW religion ,being competitive and taking the glory away from Jehovah by making a name for yourself.

Then again I suppose we all deceived ourselves while we remained in this religion rationalizing and excusing what we knew deep down was wrong.And trying not to notice it.

• dbq407
    dbq407

He better shave his beard before he goes knocking on doors.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Praying to Jehovah that he knows TTATT soon.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

and taking the glory away from Jehovah by making a name for yourself.

Instead he rather give glory and subservience to a bunch lying corrupt men running their own publishing house, while playing god.

Someone needs to sit this guy down and explain to him that Yahweh doesn't exist and all the things the ancient Hebrews said "their" god didn't also occur.

Ancient mythology isn't real its fiction.

That's how and why religions take a grasp of people's minds, they simply dont have much education and may be further stilted by lower intelligence.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

That JW video YPA What Will I do With My Life : ABSOLUTELY HATED IT WHEN IT CAME OUT. Saw it for what it was worth back then, huge piece of WTBT$ propaganda. Was already doubting the org. at that point. Seriously frustrated me that vid. I down voted it above felt good, hehe !!

As a matter of fact I never liked ANY video that they came out with, so much self serving propaganda and very little to do with faith.

• undercover
    undercover

It doesn't matter your celebrity, your skill, your talent, your money... Anyone can be susceptible to being recruited into a religious scam.

This guy was a NFL player. NBA players have become JWs. Golfers have become (or are) JWs. Popular musicians are/have been JWs. Doctors, lawyers, window washers... all are susceptible.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

He’s not an idiot, just hoodwinked. Just because people don’t share your views doesn’t give you the right to insult them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit