Belief in Astrology

by cantleave 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Astrology is in my opinion is illogical and has no scientific basis. Is there any here who could convince me otherwise?

• darthfader
    darthfader

I find it interesting that astrologers look at the stars and planets and their positions as having an effect on us, yet overlook the local activity of humans and our environment. I think that driving a large semi truck carrying 35,000 pounds of burritos by the hospital would have had a more dominant effect on us than the positions of Mars or Venus when we were born. I think the only celestial bodies that have a measurable effect on us are the Sun and Moon. Of course, I am assuming that gravitational tug or electromagnetic radiation from our celestial neighbors is the only sources of impact on our human existence. It seems to me that astrologers, psychics and other “new age” thinkers look for, and believe in, powers that are not physically measureable... yet, some might add.

Darth Fader

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I'm a sceptic - I did look into it properly once noting time and place of birth etc and getting a full profile done. It was a bit too accurate for my liking so promptly walked away from it fearing being led by such voodoo.

I'm sure there is a scientific answer for it all however.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I once tried to believe in astrology, but it just wasn't in the stars for me.

Farkel

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I love heavenly bodies . .

• Twitch
    Twitch

I had my chart done when I was 22 or so

Interesting but I found that much of it was generalizations that could be applied to anyone, in varying degrees.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Astrology makes no sense, but it does make for a catchy tune:

When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars,

Then peace will guide the planets, and love will rule the stars.

• Perry
    Perry

I'm with Farkel. I don't believe in it. However, this is typical of Gemini.

• villabolo
    villabolo

When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars,

Then peace will guide the planets, and love will rule the stars.

You're dating yourself parakeet. In any case this was supposed to be the Age of Aquarius. What happened to the peace and love?

villabolo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some people are offended..

Moony 1

By a Full Moon..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit