Should America just pull out and leave Iraq and Afgan today regardless of outcome?

by Witness 007 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

July and August have seen the worst fighting and bloodshed since the war began....the General in Afganistan has asked for a staggering 30,000 MORE American troops! Should America do a Vietnam and pull out leaving the country to fend for itself. I think Civil war will come regardless of when and how.....today or 2012 will make no difference. Agree??

• JeffT
    JeffT

Two million dead southeast asians probably disagree with the pullout from that war.

I will admit that I don't know how to let go of the tar baby. I don't think just pulling out is the right answer.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Yes.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

In years to come you may have 2 Million dead U.S soldiers! There is no way to pull out of this Volcano, even if you stayed till 2050 when you leave chaos will rule.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

UNLESS your talking about a PERMENANT PRESENCE.

• yknot
    yknot

Afgan.... I am a bit torn, sure I want our troops home. I also want that Osama guy found too. I want the Afgan women to be free also.....(yknot begins to mumble a rant on women's rights to herself)

The latter two ain't gonna happen if we withdrawl. So what to do.... (easy lure those Afgans with Westernized goodies). Let them taste and crave western democracy over conservative Islamist. Yes ply them with candy, make-up, brooms with handles to sweep standing up, microwaves, education, participation in Global markets beyond Opium .....take them under our 'wings' and aid them in becoming working/succeeding democracy and become economic allies.

To take off and leave will just result in the Taliban type cronies returning to power.

Iraq...... no quick withdrawl (gradual) but continue to move from big brother to cheerleaders of their progress to become a democratic gem in the middle east.....of course also forging economic policies that benefit both of our countries.

Once there is stability from terrorist......promotion of tourism would help in economic recovery and sustainability for both countries.

On an evil note perhaps consider turning Afgan into Mexico for cheap production (screw CHINA). Iraq's only two economic benefits to the US is oil and a foothold in the middle east to expand western consumption.

......leave it better then we found it and existing in standard's of living befiting the 21st century.....

Just my two cents

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    In years to come you may have 2 Million dead U.S soldiers!

Dude.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm restraining myself from making a pull out joke.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Barack Obama, August 2007

http://www.barackobama.com/2007/08/01/the_war_we_need_to_win.php

It is time to turn the page. When I am President, we will wage the war that has to be won, with a comprehensive strategy with five elements: getting out of Iraq and on to the right battlefield in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing the capabilities and partnerships we need to take out the terrorists and the world's most deadly weapons; engaging the world to dry up support for terror and extremism; restoring our values; and securing a more resilient homeland.

The first step must be getting off the wrong battlefield in Iraq, and taking the fight to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
  • heathen
    heathen

Yah they did step in a big pile of poopy over there . As we find out the exit strategy in Iraq worked just fine , they aren't going to end all violence in the region , I mean jeeze they can't do it in the states so why expect more from a bunch of backwards cultists? All I see is the military murdering innocent people and making the taliban the hero , The US is in big trouble economically so to believe they can sustain a presence there is really stupid . You are probably right on the trying to enslave them for economic gain . They also want control of the poppy fields to produce illegal drugs .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit