High School Reunion

by coffee_black 19 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Just got back a little while ago from the Class of 1969 Reunion Committee. Having a blast helping plan it... it will be the first weekend in Oct. We're going to a home football game...the out to eat... Then the main event on Saturday at the local Country Club...and a brunch on Sunday morning...

40 years... amazing... It's nice to be involved now. In High School I was a JW..so couldn't have much to do with classmates. Now it's a whole new ballgame. Wish I knew then what I know now...

Here's my hometown.... http://www.townhall.westwood.ma.us/

Coffee

• dissed
    dissed

Sounds like fun. Do any remember you as a JW?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yeah... I was pretty quiet...but most knew me because of my art. I was a curiosity to everyone...and I tried my best to be invisible. I was the only jw in my school until my senior year...and most had no idea what a jw was. I remember talking to one girl when I was in hs...and she said... Oh, you're one of those jo jitnusses... I thought that was hilarious... At our 35th reunion, a classmate came up to me...and said she had become a Christian...and had thought about me being a jw, and prayed that I'd get out of it...

Coffee

• dissed
    dissed

"At our 35th reunion, a classmate came up to me...and said she had become a Christian...and had thought about me being a jw, and prayed that I'd get out of it..."

When you think about that, its really nice of her to remember you that well. I guess you left more an impression than you thought.

My school had at least 25-30 JW's in the early 1970's. Most of them lived the double life. I was only studying and can remember some of them telling me not to tell on them while at the meetings. lol All but two of them left the JW's.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

hs 1969

now2009

40 years is a looooong time... hardly seems possible.... feeling very nostalgic tonight

Coffee

• dissed
    dissed

I felt back then the end would come within 2 years, that was 37 years ago.

You don't want to see my before and after shots. Unlike you, I didn't age very well. lol

As my sister says, time and graivity have not been very kind to you. Yes, I know she's only kidding but.........

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I thought Armageddon would come before I graduated.... I was told that over and over.... Now I'm a grandmother....

I'm sure you aged just fine....

Coffee

• I quit!
    I quit!

Did you have any friends in high school? I was in high school at about the same time but wasn't a JW and don't remember any. Iwould have to believe that it was pretty hard being the only JW attending a school.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I had a few kids I hung out with during school hours... not friends in the real definition of the word. I couldn't spend time with them outside of school though.

I did have a secret worldly boyfriend when I was a junior. He was sophomore. It didn't work too well. I wasn't good at sneaking...and was convinced I'd get caught.. so the stress just wasn't worth it.

Coffee

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

High School reunions can be fun.

Like you - I was a JW - and tried to be as low-profile as possible. Difficult when I was making 'As' and they kept hitting me up to join the National Junior Honot Society - or whatever it's called.

When I transferred to a new school in the 11th grade, I left behind most of the kids that I knew in school for 11 years. So, I made a few new friends, but didn't associate with any of them outside of school - or even during school - other than in the classroom.

I knew a few JWs that went to the school - and sat with them at lunchtime - but they had their own circles of friends that they hung out with.

I wish that I could have been more out-going in school... I may have enjoyed it more.

As for your photos - you were hot back then - and definitely hot now. I hope all goes well at your reunion.

Regards,

Jim TX - Class of '74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit