Racism?

by John Doe 50 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Oranges/apples, Doe. Plus the a-hole factor.

I don't think the "what if" argument always works. The black-white experiences are fundamentally, historically different - and not interchangeable.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Oranges/apples, Doe. Plus the a-hole factor.

I can't picture Alan Jackson doing such a thing--I'll give you that.

Which raises a larger question. Where is our society headed? When we have representatives interrupting the president to yell insults, drunken entertainers interrupting important events to make asses of themselves, are we losing our sense of honor and respect? What are our values?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I don't think the "what if" argument always works. The black-white experiences are fundamentally, historically different - and not interchangeable.

Would you agree with my assertion that there is a blatant double standard?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

West is Black..Swift is White.........West was an Ass..

Ass`s come in many Colours..

Beyonce is Black..Swift is White..........Beyonce was Compassionate..

Compassion comes in many Colours..

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Beyonce was Compassionate..

Beyonce is hot!

• yknot
    yknot

Double Standards exist in American culture in regards to race.........(reverse racism)

Do I think Kanye has issues with 'white people' ....... perhaps but if he does it is tied to immaturity. Immaturity, insecurity and alcohol don't mix.

Today I was watching TV when Walmart ran an "Hispanic Heritage Month" ad praising themselves for assisting Latinos in scholarships. I personally found the ad racist as hell but Walmart is going to pander to this demographic and to deny them the right would be putting yourself on the line for being called a racist. Who knows maybe their will be a 'send a white boy to college' organization......or maybe people will just let it go and base things on character and accomplishment rather then bashing one so-called race and praising themselves for being another.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Beyonce is hot!

Absolutely..

..........................OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

Congressional heckling while rude has historic precedent......

I am glad he was been rebuked as civility appreciated and should be encouraged in the pursuit of democracy

.....John....

Kanye is one man who drank too much and made an ass of himself publically......

BizzyBee.... (with all due respect and love) ......BULLSH*T on not being interchangable.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Kanye is one man who drank too much and made an ass of himself publically......

I've never bought into alcohol being an excuse for poor behavior. Remember when Mel Gibson got drunk and made some anti semitic statements? The idea then was that being drunk didn't cause him to make those statements, it merely removed his self censorship of thoughts already there. I think the same analysis applies here.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Would you agree with my assertion that there is a blatant double standard?

Yes, inherent in the point I was making about apples/oranges.

You can't impose an accusation of "double-standard" unless there is a level playing field to begin with - which there clearly is not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit