Racism?

by John Doe 50 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Lemmee deconstruct what Doe is trying to say: Kanye (a black man) shat all over Taylor (a white chick) in order to praise Beyonce (a black chick). So it is a racist incident.

Could well be. He clearly behaved like a prize jerk.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Interesting. Would your opinion remain the same if it had been, say, Alan Jackson running up and doing that to Beyonce saying that Swift had the best video?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Do you think that you can deconstruct racism simply by making tit for tat arguments everytime the subject is brought up, JD?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Do you think that you can deconstruct racism simply by making tit for tat arguments everytime the subject is brought up, JD?

Whether I can or whether I can't or whether I think I can or whether I think I can't is irrelevant to this discussion.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Lemmee deconstruct what Doe is trying to say: Kanye (a black man) shat all over Taylor (a white chick) in order to praise Beyonce (a black chick). So it is a racist incident.
    Could well be. He clearly behaved like a prize jerk.

I'm not saying it is a racist incident, but I do think the question should be addressed. I think there is a blatant double standard.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think FOX took a spin on the story that was not necessary to stir up some shit.

• yknot
    yknot

Apples and Oranges.....

MTV has a history of encouraging outrageous behavior to get ratings..... or am I the only one who remembers the first one in which Madonna humped the stage during 'Like A Virgin"

MTV could have ushered his ass out the door when he started swigging Hennessy on the carpet.......

Besides how Mr. West has handled himself in the throes is more revealing then his drunken outburst.......boy needs to grow up!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

you have an odd take on the meaning of the word "irrelevant", JD.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    you have an odd take on the meaning of the word "irrelevant", JD.

My "take" coincides with the dictionary's.

• Main Entry: ir·rel·e·vant
    • Pronunciation: \-v?nt\
    • Function: adjective
    • Date: 1786

: not relevant :inapplicable <that statement is irrelevant to your argument>

ir·rel·e·vant·lyadverb

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Actually, I think West is going to take some time off to reflect as he told with his interview with Leno.

I thought about West today and his mother dying. Grief can be relentless and with his career like it has been

I think he would do good for some time out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit