My senior fire bug has been taken away

by Lady Lee 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Good Morning Grace

Yes I suspect that after all the neighbors got their latest gossip on this they all slept better last night.

It isn't over yet. The hospital could send her back but I am hoping that will not be the case.

• mouthy
    mouthy

. The hospital could send her back

Lets hope not!!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

We might get an extra couple of days without her. Seems they kept her in emergency for 2 days before moving her up to where she will be assessed for 72 hours. I'm not sure if the assessment starts when she got to the hospital or once she can be assessed.

sniff sniff

not smell of smoke yet

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Do you have a plan if they clear her and send her home?

J

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yes I have a couple of ideas

1. Seems her daughter actually lives in another apartment in this building. She wants nothing to do with her mother. However there might be a few things we can do. Tell her that if due to her negligence in caring for her mother she will be held responsible if something happens to her or any other person in the building as well as any property damage. That might scare her out of her lack of desire to get involved.
      • One possibility is that she make sure her mother has NO money to go buy alcohol
      • and that she find suitable housing for her mother -- away from here
    2. The owners of the building and the management company now both know of the problem. They have both received a copy of the papers I used to get the woman committed for an assessment. Not that they didn't know before but they will be on notice. My next letter will be to inform them that if the matter isn't dealt with asap (an eviction) they will be held legally responsible if there are any injuries or damage due to further fires. It is also possible that since they know about the problem and are not taking any action to resolve it then their insurance could be invalidated. That might scare them enough to make haste and get this resolved.

And I am quite willing to not only call the fire dept next time but the police and ask her to be arrested

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit