Back at the meetings for the past couple of weeks...

by PrimateDave 23 Replies latest jw friends

• potleg
    potleg

Run Boy Run

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sounds awful.

Remember: The least bit of negativity will be picked up on. They will not let it slide.

Hang in there.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

How can you sit through a meeting? You have the patience of a saint!

BTS

• flipper
    flipper

DAVE- I can only imagine how tortuous it is to sit there listening to the hollow hum of mind control droning. Like being in a factory hearing constant motor noise without earplugs. Jesus. Is there anyway you can stay with someone else ? Perhaps your other friend for much longer ? I'd run away and set my hair on fire before they got me back to meetings. Hang in there

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Dave if they ask you to go to another meeting , light up a doobe before you go and have a blissful expression on your face, your relatives will think

" See we told you the meetings would make your feel better "

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

There is nothing on this earth that could induce me to go to a meeting. I have suffered enough abuse in my life time, with the permission of that cult. My family is so screwed up I can't even be around them, you can't have a normal conversation with any of them it all has to have something to do with the "truth" or a meeting or service or some other horse patootie. You must have the patience of a SAINT.

RUN! If you let that much out and think its just a little, staying much longer is going to get you to really speak your mind, that might be interesting. I think if you want to preserve any kind of relationship with them you should leave there for more than a visit, the guard is already up after what you said. If I had said that to my parents the JC would have me hauled in the very next day.

Ada

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Thanks for the support!

I'm pondering a mental image of Mr. Flipper running out of the KH with his hair on fire! lol!

It's not easy to sit though the meetings, especially since the basic cult message is repeated over and over again. Kinda like Chinese water torture!

I spend the time at the meetings reading the Bible, but even that gets tiresome after an hour or so.

My family told the elders that I have been inactive (their idea), even though I verbally DA'd in Puerto Rico over three years ago. So, I'm not being shunned like a DA/DF person. Still, I haven't had any desire to get to know the "friends." A couple of elders gave me a little "encouragement" in the back room. I clenched my jaw and listened politely. One of these guys was a Bethelite who got reasigned with his wife to pioneer in this congregation. They haven't bothered me again. I don't plan to give them a chance either.

I am leaving tomorrow to stay with my "worldly" friend and his wife. I plan to keep in touch with my family, but I just can't let them rule my life.

Dave

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Give them half a chance, and they will have you back in the congregation. They will set up a meeting with Brother Hounder to make sure you are going back to all the boasting sessions, and before long you will be dragged out in field circus. Once that happens, all your time to break away from the cancer will be sucked right into field circus.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My nightmare one Meeting at least.......like visiting the dentist!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I dont think I'd make 10 minutes in a K/H

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit