Birthdays

by feenx 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Every birthday just makes me older and crankier. Thanksgiving is my favourite holiday.

W

• LucyA
    LucyA

I'm not big on birthdays. But my fav holiday here in Australia is Australia Day it's still warm but not sweltering like Xmas and everyone running around with flags having fun and beer and BBQ'S

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I dont miss not celebrating bdays but i do miss.....ready... firework night :( loved fireworks,but can buy some after and let them off,not the same though..... Oops,maybe shouldnt have said that....but its true and Jah sees my heart so he knows i miss it....watch from the window like a big kid lol

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

to the folks across the pond November 5th, Bonfire Night/Gut Fawkes night is what AE is referring to, is great for the kids, another bloody ban the WTS took away from us, they called it idolatry and glorifying attempted murder .

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

oops yer sorry forgot to explain that one...thought it was because of politics? anyway whatever the reason....yup i miss it....

but heyho i'll get by (she says whilst sulking and throwing her sock across the room) haha

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Just goes to show what bastards they are on the G/B and hypocrites as well, while sending their own brothers to death, and keeping active rampant homosexuals on their exclusive board, death awaits the scum

• dissed
    dissed

Not from England, but I could get into Guy Fawkes. Was at Leeds castle for the celebration. Was a blast. Was a JW then. Didn't know it was wrong. haha

• crapola
    crapola

I'll have my birthday on the 20th of this month. And I'll probably have a party at work. But after not celebrating birthdays for most of my life, I find it kind of embarrassing when they sing "Happy Birthday". But I still think it's fun and am sorry my kids missed out all those years.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

crapola, you can make up for it by buying beer next time you come down

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'm with undercover: I've seen too many birthdays, but will walk a mile for a Halloween decoration

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit