JW Bosses

by Liberated 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I was surprised by a comment I heard when I was working at the HO for a retailers. Apparently, some of the shop staff who were JWs claimed that they could not work over Christmas because of their religious beliefs.

Call me sceptical but I can;t remember us ever having beliefs like that! Me thinks it was just a ruse to get out of the shifts...

• toddy
    toddy

I work for a family of j.w's and Pathofthorns,your spot on..
    one of the employees is also a j.w and they treat him like shit(excuse my french)

• thewiz
    thewiz

I often found them to take advantage of JDubs. The biggest one was the way DB apparently does/did it.

They probably knew in the long run they were going to get screwed, thus the delay in estimates.

you sound like one of those cheap bastard JW employers. You "contracted" out so you wouldn't have to pay benefits, holidays, etc.

The poor bastard(s) were left payin' their own taxes and ending up working for peanuts. You find the work and then "hire" it out. I've heard that line once too many times. Then you use your 'loyalty' as a JDub to another JDub to keep him from getting the job themselves.

If I was ever approached by a brother for a job the first thing I always asked was "..would I be an employee of yours, or do you contract it out?"

One of you types nearly had my brother and his family starving

You set up an 'empire' where you use your JDub clout to keep them from movin' in on your action.
    Cheap monopoloistic bastard

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Brothers working for brothers in the construction field....

They never know until a day or two before if they are going to have the holidays off. If they ask, they are looked at funny because they don't celebrate the holidays, why would they want the time off? Can't plan any vacations around the holidays because they have no clue if the time will be given off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit