new here..want to say hi

by crittersitter 15 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR
    However, there are some ex-JW's who have found comfort and peace within an organized religious group.

Hey! I resemble that comment!

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• thinker
    thinker

To each his own. Isn't that what it is all about?
    TW

• RR
    RR

But of course, actually the Bible Students are not actually organized each congregation studies what they want, how they want and when they want. We're not all on the same page on any given day of the week. And the studies are pretty much a free for all, which is what i like.

For instance, how many of you during ... say the Watchtower study or the bookstudy wanted to examine more a thought or sentence, instead of rushing through 25 paragraphs in 45 minutes?

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

Edited by - RR on 28 December 2000 14:17:18

• Carmel
    Carmel

Critter,

Come on over to my cave and have some cappuccino with RHW and me! We'll set you straight about all that doctrin stuff!

carmel, the mushroom grower

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Critter,
    I myself after leaving the jw's went to several(million it seems) different churches searching searching searching for what? I dont know or didnt know, until one day as 30 plus voices were singing and the piano was playing guitar strumming drums beating it happened:
    GOD touched my heart!!!!!!!! and happily he has never left or should i say i never left him! I talk to him everyday sometimes several times in an hour and the personal relationship I share with him is more enjoyable than any fellowship with his people. I currently am not attending a formal church orginization because like IAINO said I have definatly read the how to book and am following directions according to MY interpratation and have a inner peace:)
    mommy

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

ain't it kewl when GOD does that? he did me that way when i dared to go to a church..pentecostal type..WOW, praise and worship!!!! no pink song books. i was amazed at pepole showing so much emotion, i was a reserved yankee x-jw...and we never got excited abut GOD.
    knowing HIM is the best thing that ever happened to me. too bad my family thinks i'm demonic and possesed. i rather weep for joy and wave my arms in praise(took awhile to get there tho, had alot of old indoctrination in my head) than be all dour and sour faced at the kh, waiting for armagedon to hit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit