new here..want to say hi

by crittersitter 15 Replies latest jw friends

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

just want to say hello, am so glad to find others like myself, no longer a jw, but still lovin GOD in spite of being killed in armageddon, and having family shun me. when i was a party girl and had no spiritual desires, there was always a chance that i'd "see the light" and go back to jdub land, but since i have become a (dare i say it???)...... a plain old gospel reading christain...i am lower than dirt..apostate scum...buzzard snack(when jehovah kills me during the trib)
    how come i feel so dog-gone happy and free???

Edited by - crittersitter on 26 December 2000 17:23:7

Edited by - crittersitter on 26 December 2000 17:23:58

• TR
    TR

Hi, Critter!

Maybe it's safer in prison, but better to be free.

TR

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hello, Critter, welcome aboard.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• RR
    RR

"Better to rule in hell then serve in heaven"

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

hi rr
    uhhhh...that went over my head....
    i'm gonna build my house out of ABS plastic....!!!!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Welcome crittersitter, to the land of the free, and the home of the slightly off-the-wall ex-JDubs.

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

thankyou rhw
    i think i have found an on-line home..all the other sites seem to be closing or getting "hacked" to death. i have no jw friends and only one blood sister speaks. being known in the community as an ex jw and now a christian does not yield a lot of jw friends. how ever being free to go to church and get excited about what GOD has done in my life( and others) and being able to love those who are not of the same faith has opened up so many doors for me. it is sad though, when former jw friends turn and run, i just want to embrace them and tell them there is soooo much more.
    learning the agape love is harder once one has been a jw, we learn to hate the sinner, even tho we had to knock on his door with "good news"
    the good news is Jesus died for ALL of us, the new testament is for all believers
    ahh, but i ramble on and on
    thanks for letting me............

• ianao
    ianao
    the good news is Jesus died for ALL of us, the new testament is for all believers.

Amen crittersitter. Please be careful not to take yourself out of one controlling faction and into another. I have seen so MANY be so LOST and not EVER have a clue that the very things they hold dear are things that Jesus himself would have flatly condemned.

The JW religion, while overly controlling in it's practices, tends to open one's eyes to what is real and what is fantasy in regards to 'The Good Book'. PLEASE don't let a 'xtiandomite' philosophy close your eyes to what is true.

If I seem to pretensious (spelling?) then please forgive me, but I have seen many who claim to be 'saved' continually sin EVERY DAY. WILLINGLY... KNOWINGLY... Because they are 'saved', and 'that is all there is to it!'. 'standard Christian' churches tend to carry a philosiphy of applying established BELIEFS into scripture written by Jehovah God, instead of establishing BELIEFS from scripture.

Please remember that those TRADITIONALLY established BELIEFS are handed down by people who melded pagan beliefs/practices into Christ's teachings.

Now I know if you can turn on a computer and connect to the internet that you aren't a dummy, I don't mean to come accross that way if that is how it seems. I just don't want to see another modern-day human being adopt an old archaic way of thinking that had people running around searching for truth in oracles while praising JESUS as LORD.

now *I* babble...

I know everyone in today's time has a right to their own beliefs, but darn it! Jesus proclaimed himself the WAY. That was ONE WAY. Not a Baptist/Penecostal/Catholic/Protestant/Morman/Moravian/Luthrin way. Not even a Bible Students/Jehovah's Witness/Advantists way. Not even an Arian way.

My point crittersitter is this (aren't you glad?): PLEASE Don't lose the personal(almost) relationship with Jehovah & Jesus that the WTBTS has opened your eyes to. Better to have MOSTLY truth than HARDLY truth.

Well, I'll shut m' Yap now.

-ianao

Edited by - ianao on 26 December 2000 20:47:44

Edited by - ianao on 26 December 2000 20:50:45

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Good points, ianao. I, too, have pursued a personal relationship with God rather than one based on any type of organized religion. I found that pretty much every church was into the "we're right, you're wrong" philosophy.

However, there are some ex-JW's who have found comfort and peace within an organized religious group. Guess that's what freedom is all about. We can find a place where we are comfortable and not feel the need to convert the rest of the world to our own ideas.

• ianao
    ianao
    We can find a place where we are comfortable and not feel the need to convert the rest of the world to our own ideas.

So true indeed RHW. I wouldn't mind NOT attempting a 'conversion' of other's ideas, as long as the other ideas went along with scripture. Ahh, but what is scripture? True scripture is whatever someone INTERPRETS it to be. What is right and wrong is always up to someone's interpretation of the rules.

I find it interesting that someone can DEFINATELY learn to speak and read english, then they can DEFINATELY learn to write it. They can then DEFINATELY read a VCR manual or a how-to book on various topics and get a project going. People can DEFINATELY read a recipe from a magazine and whip up a yummy desert.

Why is it that nobody can read God's DEFINATE word and apply it, as they would a manual to a school-bus? Maybe it's man's loss of the original writings... Maybe it's man's will to play the God he claims to worship... Who knows...

Maybe I'm just playing God by sitting here saying these things. Who knows. Well, RHW, I think I'll sign off now...

Futility is bliss...

-ianao

Edited by - ianao on 26 December 2000 21:49:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit