My witness mum sent a birthday card.

by creativhoney 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Xelder makes some good points. Im technically still a witness, but I know many who on their birthday, have a drink or two. I dont and have never associated with them (not in my clique), but they are well respected members of the congregation. Born and raised in the truth, do all the right things on paper. Yet on their birthdays, celebrate a little.

I like how xelder talks about the adoption day and likening it to the day brought home from hospital. There is no difference....

Recently Ive started wishing friends a good day on their birthday. I havent yet gone as far as to say happy birthday, though I long to! So I guess in my heart Ive somewhat made up my mind but Im too scared to follow through. Im so close to my parents and sister that it would break their heart if I left the truth. I have 2 small children, and I know Id get the guilt trip from my parents and that if the kids stayed over, they would be taken to meetings. One of my siblings has been inactive about 5yrs now. He lives with his fiance bus has not been Df. My family still associate with him, though they dont agree with his lifestyle. I hear them talking to others 'oh I wish he'd come back' and 'it breaks my heart', things like that. I can just imagine what would happen if I left the truth.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

About 5 years ago, I got a birthday present and card from my JW sister. She wrote, "I said I don't celebrate my birthday, but here's a gift to you."

Shocked as I was, I managed to say thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit