Oldest known person on earth passed away today at 115.

by JWoods 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JWoods
    JWoods

You know - aside from that "generation of 1914 will not pass away" idiocy,

It is amazing what this lady was able to see during her lifetime - the first car (well, almost), the first airplane, WW1, WW2, (and all the rest), atomic energy (and bombs), computers, man walked on the moon, discovery of DNA, and so on...

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

lived to be the world's oldest person on a steady diet of crispy bacon, fried chicken and ice cream

It's Popeyes and Blue Bell for dinner tonight.

The centenarian likely suffered a heart attack

It was all that fried stuff... I'm telling ya... stick to the sushi!

An autopsy was scheduled to determine the cause of death.

At 115? Um... doc... she might just have died because she knew Jesus, I mean when he walked the planet! You're kidding me.

Seriously, it's really amazing that she lived that long. I hope she rests peacefully.

J

Edited to add: JWoods, you are so right. My grandmother just recently passed away. She was 103. I remember talking to her back in 1992, we discussed her experiences growing up and how much things had changed. For the most part, she thought that the progress had been beneficial, but she lamented that, somewhere along the way, she felt that her life and everything that her generation thought was important had become irrelevant. That part of the conversation was very sad.

She lamented the lack of dignity people felt toward themselves and others. She had seen tremendous suffering. She was a nurse and worked in an area that had a lot of veterans. She helped soldiers regain their mobility and live within their limitations due to tragic physical losses during four wars, and even volunteered at the VA hospital in Reno when she could. She was a very hard woman outwardly and we did not get along when I was growing up, but my opinion of her changed dramatically after that conversation. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to know more about my grandmother after that since I left the witnesses in 93, and you know how that goes. But I do fondly remember that conversation and hope that it helped to heal the rift between us before she was no longer able to speak with me over that silly cult religion.

• JWoods
    JWoods

She did look to be a pretty cool customer in that picture...

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

We had a man die at 112 around these parts.a few years ago. He NEVER wore glasses and was apologetic for using a walking stick for the last two weeks.

Old Frank was one of nature's true gentlemen and he truly died old and satisfied with his days...

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

115 the oldest? If people only knew....

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

115 the oldest? If people only knew....

Knew what??? Do share!

*listens intently*

J

• Chalam
    Chalam

Oldest known person on earth passed away today at 115

No surprises there

Genesis 6:3 (English Standard Version)

3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years."

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit