Belief in God, the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, and Fairy God Mothers

by frankiespeakin 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

All I can see is that you did not read my post carefully.

BTS

• villabolo
    villabolo

BTS: "Belief in God is not on the same plane as the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or Fairy God Mothers. We have some of the greatest intellects in history believing in God, and some even defending their belief in their writings"

Burn the Ships, we also have intellects like Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who literally believed in fairies and wrote a book about it (The Coming of the Fairies). He also believed in ghosts, seances and other metaphysical subjects. Conan Doyle was the author of the Sherlock Holmes series-you know, that superlogical detective who could solve a murder mystery with the discovery of a cat's hair. One would think that a man capable of writing something like that would not fall for a simple and outrageously obvious faked photograph by two teenaged girls. Had he used a magnifying lens like his character Sherlock Holmes did he would have discovered that those little winged fairies were paper cutouts and some of the photographs double negatives to give the impression of flapping wings.

Bottom line, intelligence is not relevant to belief in God(s). And yes, they are on the same level it's just that you are of the opinion that the god you speak of is more majestic than teensy weensy fairies.

villabolo

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I am just offering this as evidence that belief in God is not on the same level as belief in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and Fairy God Mothers.

This is what you said.

You've just said that intellectuals' beliefs in something does not make it plausible, yet you go on to cite belief by intellectuals in god as support for your saying that belief in the easter bunny and santa claus is less plausible than belief in god.

This is what I said. How have I not read you carefully?

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

And here I thought this thread was about celebrating these things :) Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit