scripturally free to remarry secret!!!

by asilentone 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

I know a brother that was not scripturally free to remarry to the best of his knowledge, his ex wife was disfellowshipped in another state, His ex wife did not contact him letting him know that he is scripturally free to remarry, BUT the elders at his congregation KNEW about it, but they chose to keep it a secret from him for whatever reason???. He did not know about it after one year after the fact! He learned about it from a brother from another state. It really stinks! He was really furious, he is no longer in the org, should his elders be accountable for keeping that secret from him?

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

My ex is still a JW. He's free to remarry though he and the elders don't know it. I wouldn't be surprised that if the situation came about where the edlers did know, they wouldn't tell him. He is in their words "immature"; in mine, a sociopath. They know he has no business being married and if they have an ounce of compassion they'll spare the next poor girl from being his victim.

In other words, there are some circumstances under which I wouldn't blame the elders for not volunteering such information without beng asked.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

In BC's example, I could understand the action... but, in general, I don't know why they would not take steps to set the 'brother' free.

Maybe an ex-elder could tell us if they would be restricted from doing so... I know that they are not allowed to warn congregations when a suspected child molester joins a new congo... maybe they are just skrewed up, in general...

J

• JWoods
    JWoods
    He is in their words "immature"; in mine, a sociopath. They know he has no business being married and if they have an ounce of compassion they'll spare the next poor girl from being his victim.

Of course, if he were any kind of sociopath worth his salt - they probably would not be able to stop him for very long.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear gods.

It really hurts my mind sometimes how much power these holier-than-thous have over the lives of good and innocent people.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The fast-track to getting this done is the following:

1. Hire a hooker and [edit] her.

2. Tell the elders you [edit]ed a hooker.

3. After you are DFed, work to get reinstated which will take 6 - 12 months.

Done.

(Note, you can pretend to do step 1 and then lie to the elders.)

• asilentone
    asilentone

Elsewhere, he was really a serious JW, he would not have followed your suggestions. He was turned off that he did not know about it.

• gabriella
    gabriella

I always thought that was such a stupid rule- waiting for someone to cheat on you before you could remarry. If my hubby moved away out of state I would not sit around like a puppy dog waiting for him to cheat. Dumb xxxxs!!

• JeffT
    JeffT

but, in general, I don't know why they would not take steps to set the 'brother' free.

Alternatively, in general, this whole issue is bull$***! I've belonged to churches that don't like divorce, but don't take it upon themselves to parse the bible looking for arcane legalistic interpretations to control people's lives.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Does anyone find it wierd that you have to screw someone else to get out of a marriage, even if that's not reallly what you want to do?

It's almost like they FORCE you to be immoral. ( Or what they consider to be immoral. I'm certainly not in a position to judge.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit