The Beatles - Remastered

by lepermessiah 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    ANY TRACK FEATURING YOKO

Ever try to listen to "Two Virgins"? Mega crap.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I find it significant when 40 yr old product of 'the world' like this is redone and relistened to, and it's audience is increased. Often, the younger generation also gets onto the listening wagon. Compare this w how 40 yr old wt product is treated by jws. Shows which is true quality and substance.

I have around 200 beatles songs, some of them are doubles. I do listen to some of them from time to time.

S

• glenster
  • watson
  • Simon
    Simon

The Beatles did so many good songs that some of their regular albums are like most artists greatest hits albums.

Music was more unified then though ...

John did some great songs but Paul was the powerhouse behind the consistently good stuff and I think their solo careers mirrored that.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My fav Beatle growing up was Lennon but as I got older, I came to appreciate George more and more, to the point of he's equal to Lennon anymore. Not to displace Paul...he was a genius.

Yeah, out of all the Beatle's solo albums, Harrison's "All Things Must Pass" is probably my favorite.

It's interesting how things change. Lennon used to be considered the only genius. When Paul started doing Beatle songs in concert in the late 80's Rolling Stone magazine made him out to be having a mid-life crisis on stage. They seemed to imply that John was the real brains of the group and that it was sacrilegious for Paul to be doing Beatle songs without John, that Paul was trying to push his way into John's rightful position since Lennon was gone.

Now I think we realize the genius of them all in their own way.

• flipper
    flipper

Good thread going on here still I see ! I agree that Paul McCartney was the powerhouse musically behind the group , and John Lennon was the intelligent wordsmith of the group. I loved both of their songs equally when both were Beatles . I enjoyed John Lennon's blatant honesty and courage to stand up for his convictions ( although allowing Yoko in the studio when the group recorded the last couple years did NOT help unify the group but splintered it ) .

My son treated me to Paul McCartney's concert in 2005 for my birthday - a three and a half hour show - Paul was as easygoing and likeable as any friend you have , great sense of humor with the audience , and the all time best concert I ever saw live ! About 40 songs in all with his band , mostly Beatles , including late 1967 to 1970 stuff and performed at almost as good a level as the Beatles would have performed it. A great band behind him. It was quite a connection with my then 22 year old son rocking out with his 46 year old dad ! We even snuck straight vodka into our clear water bottles disguised as water ! Made the show that more enjoyable ! We were dancing in front of our seats to " Helter Skelter " and " Back in the U.S.S.R. " ! Highly recommend seeing Sir Paul if you ever get a chance

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hope some of these songs were remixed back to mono as they were intended to be heard.

Sgt Pepper. What an album with only 4 tracks

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think it will be worth getting.....

• flipper
    flipper

I picked up the remastered White CD and Abbey Road yesterday ! Listened to Abbey Road yesterday once and played for Mrs. Flipper this morning ! Totally AWESOME sound ! Clear and resonant as can be. Sounds like they are playing live in your living room . I guees they were - on my stereo ! LOL! I highly recommend purchasing these remastered CD's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit