The Beatles - Remastered

by lepermessiah 39 Replies latest social entertainment

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

"In My Life" was the first song my wife and I danced to at our wedding.

• watson
    watson

I enjoyed the Rolling Stones article on the break up. You are right, interesting angle. Beatle Fans should read it.

The thing that amazes me about the Beatles is the vast body of work they created in just 5 years. '64 to '69. No one even comes close. All before any one of them turned 30.

• talesin
    talesin

I went to see Sir Paul in July - it was the thrill of a lifetime !!! He is an amazing musician and played for 2 hours and 50 minutes, his voice is better than it ever was.

Jet was amazing !!!!

When he did "the long and winding road" I was transported, as it is my favorite Beatles tune. About 2 hours in, they did When I Saw Her Standing There, and it livened everyone up!!!

Pyrotechnics in "Live and Let Die" - fireworks and explosions too cool!!

Sir Paul is just funny and self-deprecating in RL on-stage just like I would have imagined!

A 16 YO girl was holding up a sign - she wanted Sir Paul to sign her arm so she could get it tatooed! He called her up on stage and signed it. SHe gave hugs to all the band and they didn't rush her off. It was on the news the next day - she had come from California to see him w/ her grandmother - imagine that - all the way across the continent, and she got the autograph.

The concert was recorded for a tour video !!!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to hearing the Remastered ....

• watson
    watson

He loved the Beatles, they were "mates."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drHgolHhNCg

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I've listened to every album, dozens of times. If I had one shot to impress virgin ears, I would give them Revolver. There is a lot of variety and energy on that record.

I would agree - Revolver is my favorite album. To me, that is the album where they turned pop music on its ear. All of the albums are brilliant in their own way, but if I could only own one album, Revolver would be it.

I cant wait to hear to see what they did with "Tomorrow Never Knows"...that is a great headphone experience anyway......

Talesin - I heard a cool story yesterday. A writer took his 5 year old son to see Paul a few months ago. He was thrilled when he saw his son was playing air guitar to "Drive My Car" along with a 60-something couple next to them at the concert. I think that explains the power of the Beatles!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Yeah, I'm not arguing it.

No, no I'm not either. Like I said, Revolver is great and completely underrated (I think).

BTW I finally got to see the complete "Let it Be" film on Youtube the other day. I've only seen bits and pieces before (I was only 8 when it came out originally). Two things I was struck with -- how tense and angry they all seemed; reminded me of a marriage breaking up. And the second was the rooftop concert. Damn they still had it. You could see there was still magic when they played.

"Don't Let Me Down" is my favorite of the later Lennon songs. "Come Together" and "Across the Universe" are probably better songs of his later writings, but "Don't Let Me Down" has a great sound.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Sometimes listening to the Beatles on headphones gets kind of annoying, with certain instruments panned so hard on one side or the other. They were doing the best they could with the technology they had at the time, though.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

It's even worse if you're listening on the computer (at work) and one side is completely muted because of their network settings!

Chris

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Don't Let Me Down" is my favorite of the later Lennon songs. "Come Together" and "Across the Universe" are probably better songs of his later writings, but "Don't Let Me Down" has a great sound.

Our tastes are very similar.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

Its funny - I grew up a massive Paul fan (and still am) , but as I have gotten older, all of my favorite songs now seem to be written by Lennon. I think Paul's solo career has been much more consistant, maybe thats why I am the way I am......but when John was on, he was pure genius.

In My Life, Norwegian Wood, Tomorrow Never Knows, She Said She Said, Walrus, Strawberry Fields, etc............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit